Left/right headset speakers play the SAME THING?

Get user supplied support
jdis
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Left/right headset speakers play the SAME THING?

Post by jdis »

Hi, I just purchased and tried a few doses unfortunately they didn't seem to work (yes I have followed the neccasery steps to maximize the dose.) After reading a few posts on this forum, it seems it will not work unless the audio played is separate on the left and right channel; however I hear the exact same thing (static and humming) on both left and right sides of the headset. I have disabled all sound hardware acceleration to no avail.
Does anyone know how I can make the sounds separate so these doses will work properly? Thanks.
jdis
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by jdis »

I have also read something about disabling "3D sound" should fix my problem, but can't figure out how to do it..

By default, 3d sound is enabled on most modern computers. This interferes with the effectiveness of your program so it might be a good idea to include such information in your FAQ, so that users don't jump to conclusions thinking that the program doesn't work - when in actuality the sound isn't being applied in the right technique and thus no brainwave alterations are made.
Jake
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Jake »

all the doses are is static and humming basically..i was pretty confused at first since the sample on the site was music but the actual doses are different
jdis
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by jdis »

Your post was completely irrelevant to my topic. Reading a support topic before attempting to post a half-decent reply just might be a good idea.

This program will not work unless there is specifically frequencies of static going to one ear, and beats of humming going to another. They must be two separate sounds running through two separate channels for them to have any affect on the brain at all; otherwise, any side effects supposedly felt are 100% placebo and not due to any sound pertruded by the program itself.

With that said, many modern sound cards have the option of "3D sound" enabled by default thus mixing the output between the two channels, and thus making this program completely ineffective to the user. Which brings me back to the original question: how do I disable such an option so that I can allow this program to convey the artifacts of sound correctly?
Essence
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Essence »

Jdis, don't be a douche, god.
Couch
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Couch »

first of all, not to insult your inteligence, but you know that static and hum come out of the same speaker at the same time...its just the frequency of the hum is different in each ear. so if you think that static should play out of just one speaker and a hum out of the other, then you are mistaken.

if not, i think to turn off the 3D accelerator you need to go to your control pannel, then system. go to the hardware tab and click on device manager. you should now have a list of all your hardware. go down to sound, video, and game controllers and deactivate your 3D accelerator. if that dosn't work, then you are out of luck as far as my computer knowledge is concerned.