Salvia, do I really need a babysitter?

Discuss visionary plants
B0b
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Salvia, do I really need a babysitter?

Post by B0b »

Thinking about trying it, but do I really need a sitter? I'm a very experienced (and old) drug user. I sneaked into the drive-in movie in the trunk of the car 2 hours after taking 3 hits of acid. In college I used to do 3 dimes of PCP and sit in the front row of my 4 hour psyc class. I got busted for weed and put in a tiny jail cell in some backwoods town when I was trippin my ass off and still managed to talk my way out of being charged.
Is that 10 or 15 minute Salvia trip really going to put me in jeopardy? From what I've seen of idiots posting their trips on Youtube it looks like you spaz out a little but as long as I'm not standing on a bridge or something I'm not too worried about it. I dunno, looks like worse case scenario I'll spill the bong. (which btw is actually spelled bawng) ;-)
sharperguy
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by sharperguy »

You should be ok of you do it somewhere relative safe where there's nothing you can knock over or walk into.

At the higher levels, you may forget you even smoked salvia (like in a dream, where you forget you just went to bed) and your senses may be cut off and you may not realise you are stumbling around and be totally engulfed by the experience.

I don't think you could go very far in this state though just be careful.
Ness14
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Ness14 »

Yep I do salvia all the time alone great spiritual experience.
davedesl
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by davedesl »

You should be fine as long as you smoke it sitting/lying down. Don't expect to move very far.
Jazzer
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Jazzer »

when i tried it i was out of contact with my body entirely, i didn't have contact with any of my senses, there way no way i would go anywhere. however, some people do stumble around. however, you don't need to worry about spilling the bong because it takes a while for it to kick in, you can set the bowl down while you're still holding the smoke in. i would put myself in a very safe circumstance if i was smoking that junk alone, you never know what its going to do to you. i had forgotten i even smoked it.
Fusion
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Fusion »

i agree with the other guys, just don't be around anything sharp, or made of glass... :P
gnomes
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by gnomes »

have a sitter! depending on the potency of the salvia that you are smoking it can be a completely immursive expereince that sets on ALMOST IMMEDIATLY!!! YOU DO HAVE TO WORRIE ABOUT SPILLIGN THE BONG AND YOU DO HAVE TO WORRIE ABOUT STUMBLING!

ive had a friend that uncontrollably left a house. he had no idea it was happening!
i personally took a hit and lost contact with empirical reality for what felt like a very long time. it was only five minuts.
salvia can be very potent and very strong.
do not
do not
do not
equate the expereince of slvia divinorum to the idoser either. i dont care what kind of situation youve been in on acid. salvia is not at all like any other psychadelic expereince ive ever had.
it can be very fast and intense.
wutz
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by wutz »

Tried it alone.
Well, the trip is quick and short. Just hide your scissors and lock the window to be sure. =)
They say, acid and salvia trips are entirely different. Acid kinda heightens your senses, so you can hear flavours and smell music, while salvia has some dissociation effect, so you are not likely to do stupid difficult things by your crazy intention.
gnomes
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by gnomes »

[quote="wutz"]Tried it alone.
Well, the trip is quick and short. Just hide your scissors and lock the window to be sure. =)
They say, acid and salvia trips are entirely different. Acid kinda heightens your senses, so you can hear flavours and smell music, while salvia has some dissociation effect, so you are not likely to do stupid difficult things by your crazy intention.[/quote]

salvia is an instantaneous expereince. you smoke then you are shot into it, and you come out of it just as rapidly. it can bee completely immursive in the sense that you could be experiencing things not of you normal reality. i do NOT mean hallucinations, i mean alternative realities and that sort of thing. this might sounds odd or overly intense, but that is exactly the nature of the effects of salvia divinorum. it is rather dissociating i have to say especially at high doses. i dont suggest high doses. the expereince can be disturbing. i felt my body flattened slowly. no pain lukily. salvia is hard to even consider to be a psychadelic in any sort of similarity to acid. acid is a long slow trip that can last (depending on the dose) twelve hrs. it alters your perceptions indeed.
the latin translation for the word psychadelic is delia=to move and psyche=mind. and that is what acid does. it can create strong belief within an indevidual. its not so much synesthesia (the crossing of the senses that you mentioned ie tasting a color) as it is altering the way you interpret the events that are happening in your reality. its not so much that the physical reality around you gets heavily distorted on acid its more of an alteration of thought processes and how you attribute meaning to the events in your reality. while salvia can and probably will change the way you are perceiving the physical world around you. it has the ability to take your consciousness to other realms and other realities, and you can get a sense of contact with other beings (i use this term broadly) in these realities. while on acid you can gain a tripy sense of connection with the beings you already know and understand, especially other people that are on acid :D honestly a better comparison of expereinces would be acid mushrooms and mescaline