hypnosis?

Get user supplied support
Dubs
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

hypnosis?

Post by Dubs »

my friend keeps telling me that its self hypnosis, can you assure me that it is not, he claims the creator of i-doser wrote a book about self hypnosis. im sure it legally says that it is binaural beats somewhere but can you just assure to me it is, no matter what i say he wont believe me. he refuses to try too because he thinks its hypnosis

if an admin says so he will have to believe me and then he will probably try it too

please help if you can
DontPanic
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Actually, it is...

Post by DontPanic »

I'm a hypnotist by trade, and I-Doser essentially is hypnosis, in a way. It is auditory hypnosis: hypnosis brought on by auditory stimulus.

Think of it like this: You can get caffeine many different ways, right? You can drink Coca-Cola, eat chocolate, drink coffee, take No-Doz, etc.

Similarly, you can be hypnotized in different ways, through auditory, visual, or kinetic stimulus.

I-Doser, being a binaural beat generator, "tricks" your brain into going into a different wave state (Alpha, Beta, etc). You are, in a sense, being hypnotized.

While a hypnotist isn't giving you audible commands, you are still "in hypnosis".

Sorry to say it, but your friend is right.
-Zach
smith.ross
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by smith.ross »

There are some good resources out there. One I came across recently was on a lot of topics related to better living with hypnosis. You can sure give it a try. I also noticed that they are offering a free mp3.
Last edited by smith.ross on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
smith.ross
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by smith.ross »

There are some good resources out there. One I came across recently was on a lot of topics related to better living with hypnosis. You can sure give it a try. Here is the link http://www.betterlivingwithhypnosis.com ... promo.html. I also noticed that they are offering a free mp3.
whenwillitend
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by whenwillitend »

Isn't considered low level hypnosis?