What Happened to our private messages

Post by nwa »

We cant send private messages no more wassup with that :mad: :mad:
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

NWA,

You, and other users, have been using our private messaging system to coordinate the trading of purchased doses and you have been releasing beta software to forum members, even though we made it perfectly clear that you were under NDA to not release beta software.

Normally we wouldn't tolerate this kind of illegal activity on our forums and you would be banned and possible legal action taken, but since you have been a good contributer to our boards we did not ban you.

Let this be a warning - you are not to release beta software or trade/give-away dose files purchased through the I-Doser store.

We have put years of research into our technology, and we feel our pricing is very reasonable and fair considering the amount of work we put into our releases.

We feel our community is a good place to share experiences and dicuss the technology.
Unnamed
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Unnamed »

Eep, I hope I'm not in trouble... I ended up buying the key and a few doses to trade with NWA for other doses, since you can only buy doses in packs of three, and with the key I only needed one. I assumed(hoped) that was ok... :)
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

It is not ok to trade doses, just like it is not ok to download and trade illegal mp3s. We put an incrediable amount of effort and testing into our doses, and we price them very reasonable - there should be no reason to trade doses or distribute beta software.
Unnamed
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Unnamed »

Well I asked you in my first post here if there was a way to buy a pack of three doses with three seperate ones(or one dose by itself), since with the key you don't really need the two extra. Am I expected to delete the ones I got by trading the extra doses I would have just ended up deleting anyway? I've seen posts of people offering to send doses to others for free when they had extra, i assumed this was the same thing...
Hakkersszz
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Hakkersszz »

idoser wrote:NWA,

blabla- You, and other users, have been using our private messaging system to coordinate the trading of purchased doses and you have been releasing beta software to forum members, even though we made it perfectly clear that you were under NDA to not release beta software. - blabla
EDIT
- NVM! I am sarcastic from nature, but this went to far.. -
Darxtar
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Private message

Post by Darxtar »

So the PM function is gone for everyone?
Needanantidrug
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Needanantidrug »

I knew this was going to happen, i was getting pelted with pms for doses, i turned them all down.
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

The abuse of our PM system was out of control. It is disabled for the entire board.
Vale
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Vale »

I-Doser, i think that this is favoritism.
This person has been trading drugs and been doing illegal activity on the boards but you just let him go.

If I was doing that, I would have been banned. Correct?
But you're not banning NWA?

I don't think that is right.
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

NWA was banned the second we saw he was trading beta software and doses.
Vale
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Vale »

[quote="idoser"]NWA,
under NDA to not release beta software.

Normally we wouldn't tolerate this kind of illegal activity on our forums and you would be banned and possible legal action taken, but since you have been a good contributer to our boards we did not ban you.
quote]

under NDA to not release beta software.
meaning that he was already releasing beta software

meaning that you didn't ban him

the situation would be different if the i-doser account was shared.
But now i know, nvm
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

That's correct - we considered not banning him, dug deeper into the private messages and realized he has attempted to trade doses with half the board, we emailed him to discuss and he became very hostile so we banned him.

We handled the situation as we would with any user of the board, so that's not considered "favortism."
Vale
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Vale »

idoser wrote:That's correct - we considered not banning him, dug deeper into the private messages and realized he has attempted to trade doses with half the board, we emailed him to discuss and he became very hostile so we banned him.

We handled the situation as we would with any user of the board, so that's not considered "favortism."
If that is true, I apologize for my misunderstanding. Last message, no more replies needed. Lock suggested