VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

You seemed pretty happy prior to this.
I'm going to sleep.
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

cameraboirzu wrote:You seemed pretty happy prior to this.
I'm going to sleep.
I suppose I had all that stress built up and it only took one act of negativity coming from someone to push me over the edge.

It's also fathers day. My father died last year.
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

cameraboirzu wrote:It's not a bad habit. I did back up my thoughts with logic and facts. I didn't curse, you're the one who cursed. I think you realized how empty your side was and had to attack me.

You're acting the way your acting because you know that you really didn't have any selling points in the argument, and as for you being "mature" you showed me that you really aren't. My posts were logical, in yours you told me about your teachers. Actually, please show me where I maliciously attacked you via text.

You're 13. Unless you own a fortune 500 company, or have designed something that will help other people, you can't chastise me for not being as smart as you.

It's the internet, and you really had no reason to look up to me except for my post count.
If you're actually trying to convince someone of something, becoming hostile is probably the worst thing you can do. However if you're not actually trying to convince them and just trying to win an argument I suppose you can become hostile. It's still not a very good idea though, since it can unnecessarily piss people off and make you seem like a jerk.

My understanding of how mature I am is not based off my own analysis, but simply the opinions of others (people tell me I'm mature. Even you thought I was older than I am.) I apologize if I acted immature in any way. I really didn't mean to as I try my best to maturely handle situations. However, being hostile isn't really that much better and even immature in itself. It's not going to impress anyone or achieve anything.

When I was talking about my teacher giving me similar advice, I was speaking from experience. I was showing you that it had an effect on my life, which is a way of showing that the advice is valuable; at least for me. Perhaps I could have just been trying to defend my own experiences through this argument, which I realized when I went back and read my own posts. Either way, I really suggest you try not to be negative towards people that are in the same community as you. It can be really hurtful.

The reason I look up to you is because you help people and I can see through your posts that you're smart. There's a lot more to it than simply your post count. To believe that there is no other reason to look up to someone over the Internet is just stupid. I look up to those who are intelligent and know what they're talking about, which is a trait that can be easily recognized through posts, since it is very closely related to how people communicate their point. A user's post count honestly doesn't say much about a person other than how many posts they've made.
lucidthoughts
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by lucidthoughts »

Bloodbane424 wrote:
cameraboirzu wrote:It's not a bad habit. I did back up my thoughts with logic and facts. I didn't curse, you're the one who cursed. I think you realized how empty your side was and had to attack me.

You're acting the way your acting because you know that you really didn't have any selling points in the argument, and as for you being "mature" you showed me that you really aren't. My posts were logical, in yours you told me about your teachers. Actually, please show me where I maliciously attacked you via text.

You're 13. Unless you own a fortune 500 company, or have designed something that will help other people, you can't chastise me for not being as smart as you.

It's the internet, and you really had no reason to look up to me except for my post count.
If you're actually trying to convince someone of something, becoming hostile is probably the worst thing you can do. However if you're not actually trying to convince them and just trying to win an argument I suppose you can become hostile. It's still not a very good idea though, since it can unnecessarily piss people off and make you seem like a jerk.

My understanding of how mature I am is not based off my own analysis, but simply the opinions of others (people tell me I'm mature. Even you thought I was older than I am.) I apologize if I acted immature in any way. I really didn't mean to as I try my best to maturely handle situations. However, being hostile isn't really that much better and even immature in itself. It's not going to impress anyone or achieve anything.

When I was talking about my teacher giving me similar advice, I was speaking from experience. I was showing you that it had an effect on my life, which is a way of showing that the advice is valuable; at least for me. Perhaps I could have just been trying to defend my own experiences through this argument, which I realized when I went back and read my own posts. Either way, I really suggest you try not to be negative towards people that are in the same community as you. It can be really hurtful.

The reason I look up to you is because you help people and I can see through your posts that you're smart. There's a lot more to it than simply your post count. To believe that there is no other reason to look up to someone over the Internet is just stupid. I look up to those who are intelligent and know what they're talking about, which is a trait that can be easily recognized through posts, since it is very closely related to how people communicate their point. A user's post count honestly doesn't say much about a person other than how many posts they've made.

Off topic a bit guys?
friendlyconsumer
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by friendlyconsumer »

Nah, not at all.
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

Bloodbane424 wrote:
Where did I become hostile? You're giving my text a negative tone.
I beleive your the one who become hostile.

Actually, I've asked you to show me where I attacked you, but you couldn't bring anything forth. Whether or not you curse is not a sign of maturity or immaturity. What's immature is saying that whether or not you curse is a good barometer for your maturity.

We can sit around all day and you can tell me that you're very mature for your age because people tell you, that you were honestly affected by any of your teachers telling you things,and attempting to convince me that I was actually hostile, but I really don't care.

So go ahead; show me where I became hostile. I can't find it.
Bloodbane424 wrote:To believe that there is no other reason to look up to someone over the Internet is just stupid
Really now? I think I'll put this theory of yours to test.
Bloodbane424 wrote:When I was talking about my teacher giving me similar advice, I was speaking from experience. I was showing you that it had an effect on my life, which is a way of showing that the advice is valuable; at least for me. Perhaps I could have just been trying to defend my own experiences through this argument, which I realized when I went back and read my own posts. Either way, I really suggest you try not to be negative towards people that are in the same community as you. It can be really hurtful.
You obviously were just trying to defend your side through your personal experience. Unfortunately, thats one of the worst ways to defend a point, because most people could care less. I could give advice that would be useless for you but valuable for me. Does that make it good advice for every person on earth? No. So by that same logic, if Sloth says that he got the advice to get more balance in life does that necessarily make it good advice?

You're also giving my text negative tone again. Maybe next time you read you should keep your feelings out of it. If we ran our world with feelings it would be much shittier than it already is.
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

cameraboirzu wrote:Actually, I've asked you to show me where I attacked you, but you couldn't bring anything forth. Whether or not you curse is not a sign of maturity or immaturity. What's immature is saying that whether or not you curse is a good barometer for your maturity.

Really now? I think I'll put this theory of yours to test.

You're also giving my text negative tone again. Maybe next time you read you should keep your feelings out of it. If we ran our world with feelings it would be much shittier than it already is.
I never in any of my posts said swearing was a measure of maturity. Please stop making things up sir.

How are you going to test it?

You said yourself you become hostile in debates, but meh, whatever.

You're also implying my personal experience has no value, but it does. Whether you care or not does not change the fact that it's true and proves my points to be true.
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

Bloodbane424 wrote:
I never in any of my posts said swearing was a measure of maturity. Please stop making things up sir.

You're also implying my personal experience has no value, but it does. Whether you care or not does not change the fact that it's true and proves my points to be true.
No, you deffinitely implied that cursing was a sign of immaturity.

Second, you'll find out after I actually do the tests, which I've already started.

"Going for the throat" doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to be hostile. It means I'm going to use the best points to win the debate. You denote everything very negatively.

Your personal experience has value on one person. Yourself. Whats true for one person is not true for everyone. Your point isn't "proved" in any way.
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

cameraboirzu wrote:
Bloodbane424 wrote:

No, you deffinitely implied that cursing was a sign of immaturity.

Second, you'll find out after I actually do the tests, which I've already started.

"Going for the throat" doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to be hostile. It means I'm going to use the best points to win the debate. You denote everything very negatively.

Your personal experience has value on one person. Yourself. Whats true for one person is not true for everyone. Your point isn't "proved" in any way.
Okay, I agree with you on all that. :D

Swearing can be a sign of immaturity. Doesn't mean it always is.
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

I agree that it can be. It doesn't automatically push you in one direction or the other.
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

Swearing sometimes is just a bad habit, but it really depends on the situation.

Though you probably knew that. :P
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

I swear all the time.
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

Swearing has been shown to actually reduce pain you know. :)
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

Bloodbane424 wrote:Swearing has been shown to actually reduce pain you know. :)
I'm on Twitter too.
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

cameraboirzu wrote:
Bloodbane424 wrote:Swearing has been shown to actually reduce pain you know. :)
I'm on Twitter too.
I don't really understand the point of your post. :?