Am I doing something wrong?

Get user supplied support
Aquafresh
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Am I doing something wrong?

Post by Aquafresh »

So basically, I'm just really confused, It seems I'm doing something wrong, or whats happening is normal.
I've tried around 8 maybe more doses and none of them have really had a big effect, First I tried was Orgasm, I didn't really feel anything, just a tingling sensation, So I was tired one night and didn't feel like sleeping so I did French Roast, I didn't feel much,if anything I just felt more tired after laying in my bed for the time it was on.
So I thought, Oh maybe its because I'm not using condition before the dose, and I looked around and saw A-bomb was a good one for new dosers like myself, So i used condition before A-bomb and well thats the problem really, Nothing happened, I didn't feel anything but like my arms weren't really there, strange I know but thats all i got, and with 7 minutes left i lost my "concentration" and gave up. I think its because I find it hard to concentrate and not think about anything, I cant just listen to the dose and not think random things in my mind, I'm guessing that could be a problem, So if anyone could help me here, explain maybe what im doing wrong, anything I could fix or do. :p
jaredliles2000
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Post by jaredliles2000 »

Aquafresh wrote:I've tried around 8 maybe more doses and none of them have really had a big effect
Quite a few doses to have with no effect so far :oops:
I am coming to believe that the 'stronger' doses are not just Stronger as in the effect they administer, but also stronger as in requiring more experience to be able to follow. I'd first recommend sticking to less intense doses and also reducing your list. Trying just one or two over and over throughout the week(s) will likely get you better improvement than trying many different ones. Just my opinion, though, perhaps a more experienced user could confirm/deny.

Aquafresh wrote:I just felt more tired after laying in my bed for the time it was on.
Different things work better for different people. I've actually found that sitting upright works unbelievably well for me, as opposed to laying down which for some reason yields almost nothing by comparison. This may go away as I become more experienced and learn to FLEX my skull-pudding, but for now sitting comfortably works best FOR ME. Also, NEVER underestimate the benefit of a good blindfold/sleepmask! :)
Aquafresh wrote:So I thought, Oh maybe its because I'm not using condition before the dose
Running condition before a dose may or may not help. IMHO if you're having trouble dosing, using a dose to help you dose may be contraindicated. :) Unless I misunderstand, Condition generally helps those getting results to get MORE results. Personally, Condition didn't help me break through, but I find it does amplify results. Again, thats just my experience.

Ensuring you have authentic doses from i-doser.com could be a factor as well. (should go without saying ;) )
Aquafresh wrote:I cant just listen to the dose and not think random things in my mind, I'm guessing that could be a problem
The rest is just a matter of getting all the pieces to fall into place. Headphones play a tremendous role in success vs failure, volume can be distracting, many things come into play. Originally I could only dose on the weekends. Probably because I was away from the stress of work-week routines. The forums are a treasure trove of different techniques and methods, and I would heartily recommend scouring the boards until you find something that works, or something you can adapt into your own successful method. I've heard that some have had 2-3wks to train themselves into it before they get reliable results. Trust me, when you begin getting results, its incredible.

Good Luck! And be sure to update us on what you find works for you!
Ryntion
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Ryntion »

great tips i never thought about sitting up honestly. Idk why but when im laying down on my bed on my back it kinda hurts my neck and maybe that coul be why im not getting results.
jaredliles2000
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by jaredliles2000 »

Ryntion wrote:great tips i never thought about sitting up honestly. Idk why but when im laying down on my bed on my back it kinda hurts my neck and maybe that coul be why im not getting results.
GOTTA be comfortable. Even a distraction like being a little chilly could derail you when you're starting out. Your entire perceived reality needs to be a construct of the dose, but once you have your setting prepped and distractions out of the way, you can really feel it out for yourself. Comfort is the name of the game. If you're more comfortable sitting on the can; To The Throne With Ye!! (Relaxed comfortable, don't fall asleep)

Speaking of sleep and beds, though; as with any meditation or mind exercise, sleep is the best square one. If you're not well rested and sleeping properly, dosing won't be the only difficulty you meet. :(
Then again, there's always the couch, a hammock for us country folk, whatever floats your boat. Try different things and next thing you know, you'll be grinning like a fool cause your dose just blew your friggin mind :)
Good Luck!
ngphil22
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by ngphil22 »

Count backwards from 1000, that should help.
emmacordobez
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by emmacordobez »

Take some Condition dose, it will prepare you for the trip