I-doser in sports.

Who are you?
pwntz star
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

I-doser in sports.

Post by pwntz star »

Hi. I am a professional CS:S (an online computer game) player. I have noticed this product and believe I can use it to improve my game. As many gamers will know, being in the right frame of mind can improve your game tremendously. I have tried french roast before practicing, and though my reactions slightly decreased (possibly due to thinking about the dose) my overall game increased slightly.

Are there any doses (or combinations) which will:
Increase reactions
Increase confidence
Increase concentration
Help release tension
Be less prone to shock (such as a loud, unexpected bang)

Most importantly, the doses cannot decrease any of the things previously mentioned, co-ordination, vision, hearing, concious thought, etc.

Thank you.
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

You might want ti try Brain+ or JuiceIT
Stroke
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Stroke »

whoa dude, i think you are on to something... i too play cs souce, and never once thought about using i-doser while playing

i'll have to test out certain doses to see if they work, though i think it would be rather annoying listening to a dose while trying to concentrate on strafing/shoot/performing correctly.

Still worth testing! :o
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

Dont take the dose while you are playing, but take it right before you play and it might enhance your game.
pwntz star
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by pwntz star »

Tried it before warmup. Normally it takes ~70 kills to get a decent aim, and ~100 to get good reaction shots. It took ~20 this time, but ~70 to get reaction shots. It wore off at ~200 kills. It feels a little strange playing, like everything is going a little slower. I also had a little better directional hearing, and it felt much easier to pick out sounds (as though the background noises dissapeared to leave just the noises I need). The downside, it isn't viable to use between warmup and matches, and it takes a little long for the benefits when I could get them quicker through playing, though I could try if my hands are cold to leave them to warm up.

However, its nice to know this actually works, even the slightly more experemental doses like this.
kirby's pooh
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by kirby's pooh »

Haha. Soon they'll have to test you for i-doping.
Orange_Crusader
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Orange_Crusader »

I refuse to call sitting and playing a game on a computer a 'sport' of any kind. A game or competitive game, yes, but not a sport.

In theory it should have an effect, the more focused and faster your reactions are, the better you'll do. As far as negative effects, that depends on the dose... see if you can find one for you that minimizes that, or request one.

I'll have to try some before a race or game (rugby is closest, I think) and post a report on it, see how it goes. :)
-Almost
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by -Almost »

Victory increases confidence.