Helium? weird.

Discuss real (not digital) drugs
ethan1134
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Helium? weird.

Post by ethan1134 »

So yesterday i got my braces off and they gave me a balloon to celebrate...even though im 15, but who cares. So i got home and was bored so i decided to suck in the helium so i sucked in about 1/5 and statred talking, aha, fun yeah.

then i sucked in about 3/5 more, and my voice was really high pitched and i was messing with my dog, sucked in the rest, then fell to the floor. I didn't know what was happening while it happened, but i felt like literally in slow motion the vibrations going through my body....then when i come out of this "trance" i'm standing up about 10 feet away from where i fell down, and then i start remembering what happened.

that ever happended to anyone? is helium good to get high with? i saw on mythbusters that helium and people dont mix because it messes up your oxygen...would a lot more hurt somoene? thanks.
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

Don't fuck with it. You probably inhaled a lungfull without inhaling any oxygen with it, cutting off oxygen in your brain. You probably didn't even feel short of breath because CO2 causes that "i need to breathe" feeling, not necessarily lack of oxygen (which is why you feel it when using carbogen, even though the mix can be even higher than 50% oxygen). Snce you probably inhaled mostly helium with a little oxygen and other atmospheric gases (I'm sure it was n't 100% helium in there) you probably didn't even feel like your brain was lacking oxygen until you snapped out of the trance. Rule of thumb for inhaling shit: Always take breaths of oxygen with the hit.
N1c3
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by N1c3 »

Basically, like kr3w said, but in layman terms:
Basically, you blacked-out from a lack of oxygen.
It has nothing to do with getting high or anything like that...
ethan1134
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by ethan1134 »

okay, i thought so...i mean i wasn't thinking about using it to get high, just if it was possible, because i know now that it would mess up your breathing. thanks
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

No problem.