School assignment

Discuss the computer software
kaasschaaf
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

School assignment

Post by kaasschaaf »

Hi, I'm in graduation class this year and I have to make a big report about something that is relevant to my subjects. I have decided to pick binaural beats as a subject, and I-Doser just seems perfect to use. Anyway, on to my question.

We need to test it on people, and to prevent a placebo they should'nt know what we're doing. What conditions would be best fit to test in, and with which dose would they notice the most? (and preferably something that can be tested, like loss of motoric skills).
Should you need to know, we're trying to prove the old debate of "does it work is it it placebo?"

Thanks in advance
hopesdead
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Re: School assignment

Post by hopesdead »

I feel like you might get into some stechty ground for your research. If anything was to work for what you want I'd use Marijuana, maybe AfterMath and if you can find a person who is very experienced lucky chance you can have them do a dose of something like Trip. Good luck.
emothescreamo
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by emothescreamo »

For doing a placebo-controlled study, you may download "audacity", create a pink noise and export it via mp3. That*s the placebo, because I would find it interesting to compare with placebo.

I-Doser says, that mp3-Export is difficult, so it would be best do take the mp3s from http://sites.fastspring.com/idoser/product/mp3.

Which dose?
I would suggest not to take a dose that sounds so much like drugs.
What about first love or something like that?

And remember the cumulative effects, some people get effects after 3 or more times listening.
hopesdead
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by hopesdead »

You can also try Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Theta.
hopesdead
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by hopesdead »

Another suggestion would be Brain+. Have a person take an IQ test, after a certain period of time has passed (2-3 hours maybe) have them do a dose of Brain+ and take the IQ again and see how the results compare.
dogmancar
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by dogmancar »

hopesdead wrote:You can also try Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Theta.
Id definitely say to do what hopesdead says and use the "Pure" doses to avoid complications with teachers and guidance. Some teachers are going to have a strong conviction against this if you present it as "I-doser/digital drugs" so it would be best to present it as "binaural beats/brainwave hertz levels/mood altering sounds". Also it sounds better if you don't tag a brand name onto your experiments anyway.