Where to start

Discuss synthetic substances
Racoon
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Where to start

Post by Racoon »

I have long been interested in reaching a state through chemicals, I dont plan on trying it anytime soon but I would like to learn about it. I think I could become a scientist for something like this, researching psychedelics and the such, but I know that the US government is very against alot of this research. One porblem I have is understanding everything and I really dont know where to start. I want to buy Pihkal and Tihkal but idk, where should I start? what should I read?
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

www.erowid.org has a wealth of information.
Racoon
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Racoon »

sweet, what kind of scientist studies that kind of stuff... "the correlation between psychoactives and humans"

Thats a really good site btw. I like how there are pictures for everything. another one I forgot to mention I already know about is totse, but that mainly for if you want to get away with something.
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

totse is (generally) more for 14 year olds who want to cause trouble. Erowid is a reputable source on getting information though. One example is i think it was the nitrous page at totse, it said the way to get best effects is to hold in hits as long as possible, do it in a confined space, and some other stuff that would all GREATLY INCREASE your chances of death while using it.
viroblade
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by viroblade »

ehh i go to totse sometimes. there better living through chemistry section is alright. also there bad idea section provides lulz from people wanting to do really creepy crap.
Geebus1234
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Geebus1234 »

Racoon wrote:sweet, what kind of scientist studies that kind of stuff... "the correlation between psychoactives and humans"

Thats a really good site btw. I like how there are pictures for everything. another one I forgot to mention I already know about is totse, but that mainly for if you want to get away with something.
Ethnobotanists study the correlation between mainly psychoactive plants and humans, which is where alot of new medicines are created via the info provided by ethnobotanical studies, I'm also interested in the field of ethnobotany as a career.