DXM

Discuss synthetic substances
jezza520
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by jezza520 »

I heard something about this in throat soothers lol..

Those blue ones you are only meant to take when your throat is really bad

Would that work if you took like 10 of those lol!?
jaysawatzki
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by jaysawatzki »

WHAT THE HELL!!?!?!?!? 900 mg?!?!? Wow guys start at 200 or 225 mg, that will still be enough to knock you on your ass. Actually don't do it at all it's been proven to cause olney's lesions. That means it fries your brain to an irreversible point.
oscar
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by oscar »

What are you talkink about? Olney's Lesion theory depends on regular heavy consumption which is sort of rare...
Though, yes you're right... People should take 900mg on there 1st they will get uber-high so they should start low...

____

Hey, RobDose how'd the DXM thing go?[/b]
DavYBoY
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by DavYBoY »

I am new around here this is actually my first post on the boards...

I just wanted to find out about other folks DXM experiences, and I also just recently got myself the I Doser software for my PC...

I have been aware of the Robittusen cough medicine containing DXM for many years now, as I used to have a friend who was into dissociatives like dxm, but it wasn't until about 1 year ago that I actually decided to try it out for myself... I went to 2 seperate chemists and purchased two bottles of the proper robo juice that just contains DXM, I then got back to my flat and proceeded to drink both bottles of the mixture, which tasted like a$$ I must add!!

Anyway, I was expecting to start tripping balls from drinking all of this foul tasting substance (it was just one of those days where I was completely bored and wanted to trip out heavily!), but all that happened to me, was I began feeling drowsy, and I fell a sleep, i woke up the next morning after sleeping for about 14 hours in total, and I just wasn't feeling myself at all, and each night after drinking this stuff, when I went to go to sleep, I would just be drifting off, and all of a sudden I would get what felt like an electric shock round about where my heart is, or one of my limbs would just jerk all of a sudden, this went on for about 1 1/2 months, and I was totally fearing for my life, I thought that I had done some kind of permanent damage to my Central Nervous System, as even through the day I would get these uncontrollable twitches!

Anyway, I went to my Dr about these symptoms that I was having (I never told him I drank two bottles of robo though!!) and he told me that this type of thing is normal and that it would go away in time!!!

I really wasn't willing to take his word for it, because it just kept happening all of the time, but finally after 1 1/2 months these symptoms did go away....

I am wondering if anyone else has had anything else similar to this experience off of DXM... I was always under the impression that it was supposed to be this crazy hallucinogen, by what I have read online about it, and from what my old friend who had done it before told me...

I will NEVER EVER take this crap again, nor would I recommend it to anybody neither, I honestly thought that I was going to be this twitching wreck for the rest of my life, or that I was going to have a heart attack because of drinking two bottles of robittusen cough medicine!!!!

I was 27 years old at the time when I did this... and I have done a lot of other drugs in my time, but nothing has ever had an effect on me like this stuff had, I would probably rate my experience with this stuff as one of the worst things I have ever experienced in all the years I have taken mind altering substances....

I really hope that this I Doser software can achieve what it is supposed to, as it will be a lot safer on your health for one thing!!!! :D

:edit:

also, I see someone asking about salvia divinorum, That is another thing that I have vowed never to take again, I purchased a tube of the 15 times extract stuff from the local head shop, and went home and filled a big fat bowl of this plant, and the only way I can explain the feeling is like your soul is being ripped out of your body, that is one of the weirdest feelings I have experienced also!

I paid £20 for the tube, and I only ever smoked one pipe full, and as soon as I laid the pipe down and sat back, it just felt as though something was ripping my soul out of my body and I was being dragged backwards or something, and all sorts of crazy thoughts was flying through my head!!!!

In the end, I just started letting my friends try this stuff out and had a good laugh watching them freak out on it instead!!!!! :evil:
ethan1134
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by ethan1134 »

My guess would be that you either bought the wrong robo, and i know nothing about salvia, but maybe some explanation along the same lines...either that or you just naturally don't get a great effects from drugs like that
militiaman
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by militiaman »

Wow wow wow... DXM is dangerous kids. I used it for a year or so and it tears up your stomach.

The euphoria can be achieved through much safer means.

Please if you are going to do this, do it intelligently. This includes:

1. ONLY use medicine that has ONE (1) active ingredient, which is Dextromethorphan.

Inactive ingredients vary, and don't matter.

2. RESEARCH your dose. Don't take enough to drown an elephant if you only need enough for a mouse. Go to http://www.erowid.org for any information you want.

3. CREATE a safe place to trip. Don't do this when you have to go driving soon, because it can last eight hours. Don't do this when your grandmother is coming to visit, it will scare her. Don't do it at school, it will screw you over.

4. HAVE a trip sitter. I know it sucks to be the sitter, but imagine you and some friends are out of your minds on DXM and you decide to go for a swim. That won't end well. The sitter needs to stay sober. The trippers should probably agree to obey him, and he should be someone you trust with all your life. It wouldn't hurt to pay him a few dollars per tripper as incentive.

5. DO not use it too much. First, it will create an immunity to it and you will need more and more and more to get high. I started doing it once a month, and ended doing it three times in one weekend. That's F'd up if you know what I mean.

So please people, stay away from it. Go smoke some weed, or if you want to stay legal, get some salvia or kratom tea. But salvia is another story...

http://www.erowid.org
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

oscar wrote:...

____

Hey, RobDose how'd the DXM thing go?[/b]
unfortunately, the DXM didnt go... there is no DXM-only cough syrup in Brazil, and i even bought cough syrup while i was at new york this january, but i fogot to drink it...

Brazil has serious laws on bringing plants and wildlife into the country...
its easier to contraband people than wildlife here... so no seeds for robbie :(

although i have just found an expired roxicet bottle in my dads cabinet...
divinorum
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by divinorum »

Sorry about that RobDose, well if you cant get your hands on some salvia, kratom, kava, etc (legal herbs) then maybe you can get some bufo-toad (real toad). You said it was easier to get wildlife, lol. Seriously though, try the herbs. Do some research about em first!
Unnamed
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Unnamed »

I've been a dxm user for a lil over 3 years now, and while most advise here is solid(start low, look at the dosage calculators for your mg/kg ratio, go to lower plateaus before upper, use sparingly, good mindstate/setting, ect), some seem to be based on scare tactics.

The 1/3rds rule really isn't solid, it's just that the experience itself can be quite scary for alot of people who aren't used to being stripped of thier normal perceptions. Unlike other psychedelics it doesn't really enhance your perceptions in more relatable ways(even at low doses), but takes you away from them. In this way, through meditation and the internal trip the upper plateaus afford you, you can actually connect further to new perceptions and experiences beyond description aking to salvia/DMT experiences and/or high dose shrooms/lsd experiences. There are plenty of psychonauts out there(myself included) that rank DXM as a more intense psychedelic experience then the traditional phens/tryps. Especially if you have a few hits of marijuana on top of it.

There have been alot of progress in the art of consuming cough medicines as well. You don't have to go through the hassle of downing 8+ozes of nasty syrup anymore. Robitussin gels have been out for awhile now, as is zicam and delsym. Gels probably aren't much better then syrup in terms of how much crap your ingesting on top of the DXM, I myself get a horrible allergic reaction to it if I take more then 300mg of them, my entire body goes red and burns, my fingers and such swell up and it can be quite uncomfortable to say the least, especially in the midst of a 3rd plateau trip. Zicam on the other hand is probably the closest thing you can get to pure without performing an extraction. It is a spray(zicam cough mist max and nite, containing 400 and 540mg respectivley) of concentrated liquid, less then 1oz. This has provided me with the cleanest feeling trips out of all of the otc methods, but unfortunately they can be hard to find(more and more stores seem to be phasing them out). Delsym is a syrup that contains DXM Polistirex, which is basically dxm hbr in a time released plastic. Again, probably just as hard on your body(if not worse due to the extended trip) as other syrup and gels, but usually you don't have to drink as much(5oz contains 888mg, equivilant to about 280-444mg hbr extended for 12+ hours).

As for the effects, the lower plateaus tend to produce the more recreational high, that is actually quite energizing. It has been described as a mixture of pot and alcohol with a little hint of mdma, at least in regards to music euphoria/dancing. This is on top of the dissasosiation of course, but you get used to that quite quickly depending on how much you use it.

The upper plateaus produce the trip, which is mostly internal. Massive CEV environments, OBEs, astral travel, complete ego loss/death, entering entire new worlds/universes and traversing them by thought, or just having your room appear under ur closed eyelids and morph completely sucking you through a tube of changing images based on musical and/or thought frequencies are all very common. Life changing experiences are commonly reported akin to acid/shroom trips, as are NDE's. This is probably the main reason why so many people dont like it, because the level of dissasosiation you are forced to go through at this level can be extremly uncomfortable for someone who is not prepared, and as the psychedelic experience is 90% mental, even one minor bad thought, even subconciously, can spiral you into hell, literally. It is basically a 4-6 hour k-hole, though in my experience it does seem to be more psychedelic in nature.

Again tolerance does occur, but it is theorized to be mostly mental and not physical. Because most do not see this as a psychedelic drug, on top of the fact that unlike others it is a bit hard on the body, raising doses is not advised. You may get used to upper plateau dissasosiation to the point you can function normally and feel little more then a high when up and connected to the world, but due to its nature as a dissasosiative anestetic, when you are doing that you are essentially fighting the drug. As said it's an internal trip so meditation is key for the experience, especially once you've gotten used to the dissasosiation provided by the drug. This doesn't mean you can't trip though, it just means you can't expect the drug to do all the work for you(same basic idea behind i-doser).

I can tell you from experience(175+ trips in my 3 years of experience and very used to the dissasosiation/able to function on even 4th plateau trips)that you can still trip on these doses, as I haven't raised my dose at all in my time. In fact my usual dose for a solid third is around 650mg, a bit smaller then I had used in my beginning days when I thought I was gaining physical tolerance(I rarely dose more then once a week). If i were to try and raise my dose due to my mental tolerance(which happens with any drug, the mind is adaptive and will learn how to function on any new experience, no drug besides nitrous(another dissasosiative anestetic) with its oddly interesting reverse tolerance is immune. No drug will ever be the same as it was the first time you experienced it. Sad fact, but true.) to say 800-900mg range(4th plateau territory for my weight) it would mess me up more of course(4th plateau is basically nearing complete anestesia), but it also gets me closer to the point where it can be dangerously hard on my body. Negative effects will be more prevalent.

Anyway, I already posted this in another thread, but as hard as the drug is on your body compared to other psychedelics, there is virtually no evidence that it damages any part of the body or brain(onley's legions(NAN) was disputed and later disproven, and any strain on organs(liver/kidneys in particular) is most likley coming from the mass amounts of glucose in the syrup consumed and/or other active/inactive ingrediants unaware people end up taking. CCCs are a prime example of this, I couldn't even post in that skittles thread, ugh... CCCs=bad!!) whatsoever.

Anyway this has gotten ungodly long, it happens when bored. Hope at least someone gets something out of it. :)