Sleep Paralysis story

Share dose experiences
pshad23
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Sleep Paralysis story

Post by pshad23 »

So this morning around 9 AM i woke up and listened to an idoser. after that i went back to sleep and had vivid dreams like most people have in the morning when theyre close to waking up. but one time when i woke up i tried going back to sleep and once i closed my eyes i said to myself "i am going to have a lucid dream". and right after i said that i heard whispers talking to me and i knew that this was because i was in the hypnagogic state but regardless it scared the shit outta me! so i opened my eyes and tried to get up but i couldnt move! and i couldnt move for around a minute. this was my first experience with sleep paralysis and as terrifying as it was it was very interesting
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Re: Sleep Paralysis story

Post by cameraboirzu »

pshad23 wrote:So this morning around 9 AM i woke up and listened to an idoser. after that i went back to sleep and had vivid dreams like most people have in the morning when theyre close to waking up. but one time when i woke up i tried going back to sleep and once i closed my eyes i said to myself "i am going to have a lucid dream". and right after i said that i heard whispers talking to me and i knew that this was because i was in the hypnagogic state but regardless it scared the shit outta me! so i opened my eyes and tried to get up but i couldnt move! and i couldnt move for around a minute. this was my first experience with sleep paralysis and as terrifying as it was it was very interesting
I've never had sleep paralysis. I'm pretty sure however, if you didn't get scared and kept your cool, you could have lucid dreamed.
pshad23
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by pshad23 »

i know and thats what made me mad :? i knew what was happening it just surprised me because it never has before
Th3_uN1Qu3
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Th3_uN1Qu3 »

I've had it a couple times, before ever knowing about I-Doser. :P Yes it is really really scary first time, in my case i was seeing my dreams projected onto the ceiling.

All you have to remember is that nothing bad can happen to you in this state. Fear is your only enemy, you have to learn to defeat it.
pshad23
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by pshad23 »

yes i know nothing will happen it just took me by surprise :?
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

pshad23 wrote:yes i know nothing will happen it just took me by surprise :?
I actaully had my first lucid dream the other morning, (used the WILD technique) where a large 11 foot long dog stole my wallet. So eventually I said to myself "there are no dogs that big" and I became slightly aware I was dreaming. I somehow made the dog give me back my wallet. After it gave it back I went downstairs and did what I would normally do at any party (did I mention I was at a party?) and flirted with some girls.

I then noticed I didnt know ANYONE at the party, and was then fully aware, and then as soon as I had come in, came out. Overall the time I was back to sleep was about 1 hour.

I'll get it again, it seems like my mind is getting close.
ethan_hines
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by ethan_hines »

...and did what I would normally do at any party (did I mention I was at a party?) and flirted with some girls.
Did you get any action?
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

ethan_hines wrote:
...and did what I would normally do at any party (did I mention I was at a party?) and flirted with some girls.
Did you get any action?
Yeah...left THAT part out. No further details.
lynam95
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by lynam95 »

I had a lucid dream last night, but all I could remember is that I was trying to save someone's life. :/
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

lynam95 wrote:I had a lucid dream last night, but all I could remember is that I was trying to save someone's life. :/
Dude, that sucks when you can't remember lucid dreams. Did you have control of it? Usually you can classify a dream as lucid even if you didn't have control. I would say that if you are planning to lucid dream it is best to remind yourself that you're going to lucid dream, and tell yourself that what you will experience is a dream, and you are going to remember it.
trilithiumn
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by trilithiumn »

I look at lucidity in dreaming as a way of never having to let go of your control, to almost always be awake and I'm making it my goal to take a hold of my dreams by the reigns and never set my mind down to sleep again. If i'm going to dream anyways, Why wouldn't I choose to explore another world of imagination. Seems like natural DMT exploration should be quite a trip. And to master one's mind like that, well, would be a pretty deep accomplishment. Monkish...
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

trilithiumn wrote:I look at lucidity in dreaming as a way of never having to let go of your control, to almost always be awake and I'm making it my goal to take a hold of my dreams by the reigns and never set my mind down to sleep again. If i'm going to dream anyways, Why wouldn't I choose to explore another world of imagination. Seems like natural DMT exploration should be quite a trip. And to master one's mind like that, well, would be a pretty deep accomplishment. Monkish...
People who practice lucid dreaming, could very well acheive the level of abililty to enduce lucidity every time they sleep. It would take a lot of time to master it, but it is deffinitely possible.
lynam95
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by lynam95 »

cameraboirzu wrote:
lynam95 wrote:I had a lucid dream last night, but all I could remember is that I was trying to save someone's life. :/
Dude, that sucks when you can't remember lucid dreams. Did you have control of it? Usually you can classify a dream as lucid even if you didn't have control. I would say that if you are planning to lucid dream it is best to remind yourself that you're going to lucid dream, and tell yourself that what you will experience is a dream, and you are going to remember it.
It's like I know what it is, I just can barely remember it. It happens to me a lot, where I forget the details of it 5 seconds after I wake up. I'm positive it was lucid though.
Master832
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Master832 »

I HATE sleep paralysis. It happens all the time when I wake up and try to go back to sleep. I'll lose the ability to move and my breathing gets super shallow and I feel like I'm about to suffocate. At this point I have to conjure up an extreme force of will to break the paralysis which usually ends up with me screaming or flying out of bed :shock:
Master832
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Master832 »

I have, however been having a string of lucid dreams for a week or so. I take on a different persona (kindof like Randolph Carter if anyone here is a Lovecraft fan) and I allways seem to have some sense of purpose, and I've gone to some fantastic places in my dreams. A few nights ago I was being chased by corrupt police in the future and last night was a continuation of that and I was somewhere off planet and there were aliens killing people on the ship I was on. The best part is it's all so real, even the mindset. :-)