Another reason NOT to use earbuds

Get user supplied support
floydboy
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Another reason NOT to use earbuds

Post by floydboy »

Obviously, the primary reason to stay away from earbuds is the degraded quality and lack of insulation. But if for some reason you do choose to use earbuds, like I stupidly did about a month ago, there may well be another unintended effect--it damaged both of the speakers! No, they were not being played too loudly, it's just that for some reason above a certain volume the tone would cease to sound like it's supposed to and instead would play a somewhat hideous buzzing. I believe this has something to do with the exact resonating frequencies, which above a certain volume must line up in some way as to create a buzz rather than a tone. After once or twice experiencing this unfortunate sound, I realized that it had not only hurt my ears but also the speakers, and now my earbuds are less-than-acceptable quality, with the audible rippling/buzzing sound that you get with a ripped speaker.

In case you were wondering, I am not blaming any of this on i-Doser! I totally accept that it was my fault for going against the intended usage, and also that my earbuds were not very expensive ones (stock Apple iPod earbuds) and this probably wouldn't happen with the "approved" earbuds. Just a word of warning to other n00bs--don't use your own earbuds!
turtleman924
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by turtleman924 »

Wow, I guess it was smart of me to use my HQ headphones... :shock:
Th3_uN1Qu3
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Th3_uN1Qu3 »

I've used both 'phones and 'buds with varying degrees of success. I didn't break any of them because of I-Doser. It's just that stock Apple earphones are junk, that's why they broke. Actually, stock earbuds of almost anything are junk, with the worst offenders being Nokia.

Buy a better pair and you'll see how much better your music sounds, and they won't break either.
a7xfan
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by a7xfan »

I use a pair of $10 ear buds, they do great. Don't go out and buy $300 headphones for i-doser...
doseoflaughter
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by doseoflaughter »

I don't like ear buds. They hurt my ears. I know headphones are costly, but I am very comfortable with them.
kriss25in
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by kriss25in »

I have used for the first time the i-doser with my mobile headphones (box ear phones) as mp3 files. is it safe to use (mobile: nokia n97 mini). i tried the sleeping angel dose and i stopped the dose in the middle, my head started rolling for nearly 30 mins and i got scared. Was it a effect or a good sign? can i take doses with tat ear phones
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

a7xfan wrote:I use a pair of $10 ear buds, they do great. Don't go out and buy $300 headphones for i-doser...
This ^ is true
zouloum
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by zouloum »

i use 100$ monster trubine earbuds and i can tell you that they are worth every buck