Binaural beats in a movie soundtrack

Who are you?
jwbbphoenix
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Binaural beats in a movie soundtrack

Post by jwbbphoenix »

Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise if this is posted in the incorrect section, I saw it best to post it here in the off-topic discussion forum as not to disrupt other forums.

I'm not sure how many people have heard of this movie, but it is called 'Last Life in the Universe'. It was directed in 2003 by Thai director Pen-Ek Ratanaruang. The general plot is a suicidal, obsessive-compulsive man living in Thailand meets an outgoing, yet messy and disruptive woman after her sister is killed. The two eventually become friends, despite their opposites.

Anyway, plotline aside, it's the soundtrack I am interested in telling you about. The film has a very deep, moody soundtrack which is calming and sedating to the ears. It contains a mixture of rhythms, high and low beats, and you can hear tones of you listen enough. After listening through the soundtrack many times, I am convinced that it contains subtle, calming binaural beats.

If anyone here has seen the film or heard the soundtrack, would you agree? It always puts me in a sedated, calm state. I know that there is music designed to include binaural beats, but this is my first encounter.

Has anyone listened to it? I would be more than happy to share the few tracks containing the most binaural beats, but I'm not sure if that would violate policies here or not, so I have left it for now.
kdsl
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by kdsl »

I've never heard of this movie, but I was just thinking how people would react if they realized they were watching a major movie with binaural beats in them. I would think something like that would cause an uproar. (And if the beats were needed to make the audience feel something then that just means the movie sucks. Lol)

However, maybe they would be good to put in soundtracks for interactive 3D movies like the ones they have at Disney World. There's this one movie in the Magic Kingdom feat. Mickey Mouse and some friends. During this one part water splashes and the audience feels it. It might be a cool addition for audience members to, literally, feel what the characters are feeling because of the beats. Then again, at some point they'd have to make the audience sit through a "Reset" piece. I wonder how they plan on making that happen. :-\
hopesdead
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by hopesdead »

I think it would be hard to do such a thing. I have heard of people make binaural beats that you are supposed to listen to through speakers but I haven't tried them so I don't know if such a method works.