The Science Behind Binaural Brainwaves

Binaural brainwave dosing
kirby's pooh
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

The Science Behind Binaural Brainwaves

Post by kirby's pooh »

Can you guys explain to me, in detail, the actual science behind binaural brainwave technology? Like, how it works, what it does, how long has it been researched, etc. And since I know very little about brainwaves, frequencies, or anything like that, technical terms would have to be explained as well.
Love
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Love »

This subject intrigues me also.
Xela
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Xela »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

I've been studying on it for the last week, actually more towards Electroencephalography because it explains how the different brain waves work and the history and understanding behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography
robert
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by robert »

theres a wonderfull book called the breakthrough experience by jhon f demartini in his book he describes an anomaly known as bi-aural fusion a core like state were the senses and the conciouse self shut down and the unconsiouse becomes the primary observer this is achieved by playing two symetrically opposite sounds at the exact time and angle to each other i am unfamiliar with the i-doser technieque but i suspect it does pretty much the same thing exept the sounds are actually frquency matches to different states of mind just a higher octave (brainwaves are obviosly way off the audible sound spectrum) if anyone has a more acurate description would also be intrested to read it :eek: .
jennanewbery
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: The Science Behind Binaural Brainwaves

Post by jennanewbery »

I suggest you just google "Brainwave Entrainment" and go from there. However, I would try and stick with information that wasnt written by the creators of Idoser. No offence to the idoser peeps, but the information that they give is quite limited, and doesnt give you an in-depth understanding of what brainwave entrainment is. There is tonnes of information out there and I suggest that you find your information from a variety of different sources, rather then just a few.