psychology?

Any science related discussion
breatlee
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

psychology?

Post by breatlee »

HI
i am going to do a degree in psychology and i’m not sure of my future… can anyone tell me what i can do after i get my degree??
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

Not the best place to ask bro.
RyZoRz
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by RyZoRz »

Depends what degree. To be a Psychologist you need either a PH.D. or Psy.D. and they take a while. You either need bachelors or masters to be like a school guidance counselor I believe. Search the web, I've found a ton of stuff on it.
ublaszko
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by ublaszko »

I'm a psychology graduate and I'm quite happy with my choice. I think psychology is a great degree because it's fairly general so you can do a wide range of jobs after graduation. With just an undergraduate degree you might be able to get a job as an assistant psychologist, a research assistant or a tutor. However, ultimately you would probably need to decide which area of psychology you find the most interesting and consider further studies (Masters degree followed by Doctorate degree). I guess the pay is not as good as if you did a business degree but I think it's more fulfilling. Good luck with your studies! Btw, this is just to give you an idea of what your career options and it's definitely worth contacting career services at your uni or look it up online.
happytimes
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Re: psychology?

Post by happytimes »

after you get your degre you should specilize in somthing and then get an inteernship to learn the ropes then go and then go find a job that pays