Any Magicians on I-doser?

Discuss spiritual practices
arjil
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Any Magicians on I-doser?

Post by arjil »

As per the original post, I've been practicing magick for about 20 years. in fact I got i-doser to use as a tool for enhancing that practice.

and to throw in my two bits on some things- Sigils are wonderfully effective, and the method presented above is solid, and the basic theory can be applied to any medium, ie: words, art, music, sculpture, dance, etc to create and fire off a spell. The important thing, as with any form of throwing your will around is the intent and the focus.

As to the question of why you can't typicly use it to win the lottery, it's simple: it's an opposed roll. Sorry to break out a gamer term on you guys but it's applicable- see, the magician's capacity to alter reality in their favor comes from their intent, will, belief and focus- no matter what paradigm they ascribe to. Certainly some people are inherently better than others, like musicians, but Most people can do it, and Do all the time. When dealing with something like the lottery, Everyone who bought a ticket is bringing their own intent, will, belief, and focus upon this one little chunk of reality, and even though the vast majority aren't adept at magick, the weight of all that attention causes a great amount of inertia. Your will as a magus just can't overcome the collective weight of several million people pulling from other directions.
Another factor is purity of intent or focus- I don't mean good/evil, I mean most people wanting to win the lottery don't actualy want to win the lottery. What they REALLY want is to be free from their day job, to feel cool and important and wealthy and all that jazz. This causes a subconcious dissonance that will screw up your spell.

just thought I'd throw that out there.
kpopfan11
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by kpopfan11 »

well im a witch (even though it doesnt count as a magician)
spitfire1080
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by spitfire1080 »

who said the laws of physics were correct to begin with? heh, i'll tell you why everyone isn't a millionaire, because many people dont believe in it, like you for instance,
Zukamimotu
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Zukamimotu »

On my way to becoming a Wiccan priest, so strictly light magick. Shit like healing and fortune spells. I USED to practice Chaos or Black magick. That was one hell of a cleansing ceremony, to be honest. Anyway, I've seen it work firsthand.

"It defies logic"? Who said logic was logical? If logic were logical, then it would be logical for everyone to be logical. Yet, many people still remain illogical. If logic were logical, as logic suggests, then there would be no such thing as illogical people, since the only logical solution would be to be logical. However, as mentioned, not everybody is logical. So I pray thee... How is logic, therefore, logical? *mindrape*

I use i-Doser for meditation, casting, and a bit of leisure here and there. Sometimes, i use it to go to sleep.
starlightsurprise-xo
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by starlightsurprise-xo »

*witch / warlock
but yeah :L