Sorry To Burst Your Bubbles, But..

When the mind leaves body
lucidthoughts
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by lucidthoughts »

Tool33 wrote:Astral Projection, Out of Body and Lucid Dreaming are real. Even though I'm an athiest I have done it before. Cool shit, :D
being an athiest has nothing to do with recreational experiences
ichigo08
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by ichigo08 »

Vale that is not true sorry to burst your bubble lolz you can acually travel into the future with astral projection and past and present obe so acually do some research before just saying stuff
emothescreamo
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Re: Sorry To Burst Your Bubbles, But..

Post by emothescreamo »

Convincing a person to one's convictions gives people a feeling of "making the world a better place". You can see it with Christs, Atheists, Agnostics, Theosophists, and so on.

Does it give us any advantage in future life?

If I convince any eosoterical guy, that he is wasting his time and should have some more reasonable hobbies, will this world really be a better place?

Or is it just a mental virus replicating?

What will be, if AP is really just a freaky dream?
Will the dream be less worth being dreamed?

What, if it's in a special case real and people will find huge wisdom within the astral planes?
Would you regret having all the guys convinced that AP is crap?

I don't care what it is. It just feels good.

So, now I have written down my opinion and I leave the computer with the terrific feeling of having made the world a better place.
My mental viruses have replicated.
Fool Coyote
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Re:

Post by Fool Coyote »

ichigo08 wrote:Vale that is not true sorry to burst your bubble lolz you can acually travel into the future with astral projection and past and present obe so acually do some research before just saying stuff
All these definitions and opinions, and I've seen no one actually write anything on what an 'Astral' anything really is (please correct me if I happened to miss it). I had a N.D.E. at the hands of a flesh eating disorder called Necrotizing fasciitis. I have had O.B.Es as an escape from agony so intense as to rip the spirit from the body, which seems to be more along the lines of what is being discussed in this thread; a simple traveling spirit as opposed to an actual astral projection.

To be honest - the entire reason I'm here is an on going search for ways to beat an everyday struggle with pain, a way to get past the mental rigors of disfigurement, as well as spiritual healing.

However - in the time before, I went to a clinic where I was told quite to the point - "you have two hours to live." and he was right.

Astral projection, in my experience projects a formless pure energy consciousness into a place I could easily imagine as being described as a place of 'no when', 'no where', and 'no form'. Not at all unlike how scientific and religious communities describe "existence" prior to creation/big bang.

Concepts and memory are long forgotten, along with direction, distance, and time.

In our physical world(s) we communicate via words confined in language, but during this time communication becomes emotion, pure emotion; such as you'd expect animals to think and feel.

Don't take my word for it though - lets look at the definition of the word "Astral":

S: (adj) stellar, astral (being or relating to or resembling or emanating from stars) "an astral body"; "stellar light"

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=astral

So - as we see here an astral projection has nothing to do with traveling anywhere in "time" or "place" but exactly the opposite. Nothing to do with what happened in life. Again, life is no longer important here. Just a forgotten dream. Like a secret in the back of your mind; only half whispered, as if it were some secret you're keeping from yourself. So seeing someone get naked and shower or anything else of earthy consequence is long gone from your list of give a damn. As these things are of the sexual, and sexual is a manifestation of the physical.

That said - I have considered the DMT aspect of my experiences as well, and certainly do not discount the possibility that my astral journey was a "trip." That the visions I had after as well as the O.B.Es were products of good dope. However I will say that the human mind is a universe within a universe, powered by the same electrical impulses as the world around it.

Proof isn't really something I see as important. We all get our turn(s) to experience it.

Just my two cents from actual experience. Not to 'Burst any bubbles." :roll:
dp100
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by dp100 »

what is a plane? and also I think you mean out of body in general. astral projection can go places you never went.
UltimaWarrior
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by UltimaWarrior »

dp100 wrote:what is a plane? and also I think you mean out of body in general. astral projection can go places you never went.
Planes are like layers of a sandwich. Let's just say for argument's sake that we live in the bottom plane. Everything you see, hear, feel etc. is on this "plane of existence". You could think of planes as dimensions if you want. There are higher planes but in order to enter them you need to leave this plane, the physical plane. In the higher planes you leave your body behind, you leave this world behind and pure creativity and thought takes over. There is a plane that is indeed called "Thought" where it contains everything everyone has ever thought of or will think of. But that is unreachable unless you are dead or highly skilled at accessing the planes.

My thoughts on planes. I strongly believe that the planes exist and that ghosts/apparitions and the paranormal are simply discharges where the planes meet at the edges. The Etheral plane which is sandwiched between the astral and the physical plane is where the ghosts and spirits roam and since it's so close to the physical plane we can see these apparitions at certain light levels.

You have see things out of the corner of your eye only to look around and there is nothing there? Usually we jump to conclusions such as "I'm tired", "I'm high" etc. But usually you only hallucinate from sleep deprivation after 4 days of sleep deprivation, and that's usually hypnogogic imagery which is hardly seeing spots at the corners of your eyes. Scientists will say it's just your eyes bleached from staring at light but that can't be true because it disappears almost instantly. I believe it's a glimpse into the other planes.

Cats and Dogs often bark or stare and things that aren't there. They have heightened senses than humans, they can hear and smell further. They can sense emotion too. I believe they also have the ability, a much more stronger and acute ability to glimpse into the planes too.

This is what I believe anyway. Just my two cents.