I'm Not Dead (Yet)

Be aware in dreams
Frankoman
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

I'm Not Dead (Yet)

Post by Frankoman »

I've had lucid dreams where I was in control before, and in only 2 of them I remember dying and in 1 coming close.

The coming close one, I was walking outside my house at night, and it felt so real, I didn't even know I was dreaming. Suddenly, a car came from nowhere and I was hit and went flying. I was saying to myself please don't die please don't die and right before I hit the ground I jolted up awake.

My biggest fear is to die by drowning. The two dreams were I feel I've actually died involved drowning. I live on the ocean, and there is a threat of the ocean killing you, which is probably where my fear comes from. The first dream involves me spending normal time with my friends at the beach. The tide is unusually high, and we're taking advantage of the fun. Suddenly, the tide is sucked in, very far, seemingly miles. Everyone thinks its cool, and runs to see the cool rocks, or to chase the water, but I knew it was trouble. I ran up hill trying to get away, and as the water came back, I knew I wouldn't make it. I was overtaken, and killed by the impact. Or at least, I thought I was dead? I woke up after.

The second water dream is of a very similar concept, however I was in a car and was trapped inside.

The reason I post this is because i am going to be doing the Lucid Dream dose now, and was studying it a bit before I did and theres been a lot of speculation about if you die in a dream you die in real life. Those dreams, nightmares, where I feel I've died end in shock and me waking up, does that mean my body saved me from actually dying? Does the mind psychologically think that it is dead causing you to die? If this was unsafe I believe I - Doser wouldn't offer this dose.

I'll report on what happens tomorrow, wish me luck!
Shadow21
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Shadow21 »

I really doubt you can die in real life if you die in a dream.

I don't even think you can die in a dream because you wake up before you die in the dream.
Frankoman
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Frankoman »

Shadow21 wrote:
I don't even think you can die in a dream because you wake up before you die in the dream.
Thats probably why people say if you die in a dream you actually die, because nobody has not woken up when they die in a dream, and we don't know if the dead dreamed about dying. Maybe religion is true, when you dream absoutely anything is possible, and if before you die you dream your happy with some type of God then you will die happy with some type of God.

Who knows?
Shadow21
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Shadow21 »

Frankoman wrote:
Shadow21 wrote:
Thats probably why people say if you die in a dream you actually die, because nobody has not woken up when they die in a dream, and we don't know if the dead dreamed about dying. Maybe religion is true, when you dream absoutely anything is possible, and if before you die you dream your happy with some type of God then you will die happy with some type of God.

Who knows?
True
rose4julia
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Deleted

Post by rose4julia »

Deleted
Last edited by rose4julia on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaz3d
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Re: I'm Not Dead (Yet)

Post by Blaz3d »

Lol this isnt the Freddy movie, u cannot die in your dream and result in dieng in real life.
starlightsurprise-xo
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by starlightsurprise-xo »

i dont think you can die in a dream?
unless you die in your sleep. .
sunflower
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by sunflower »

I once read everyone dies in their dreams sometimes.
My experience: When you die in a dream (monster attack or something :mrgreen: whatever^^) you either wake up or another dream starts.
Probably you just couldn't remember such things until now. But it's not so uncommon.
FBM Genesis
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by FBM Genesis »

If you haven't already, go watch inception. I've never really died in my dreams, I think I must be invincible in my dream world or something because I have dreams all the time where I'll fall off a building, hit the ground hard, and stand right back up.
Drewm1273
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Drewm1273 »

I have died in my dream before while in a lucid state, After I died I woke up so I thought, And was in hell but it was all just pitch black and I heard screams and it felt like my soul was being ripped from my body, But after about 10 mins or so of that I woke up in Sleep paralysis and Carried on with my day, So I personally don't believe the whole theory "Die in your dream die in real life.", The only way you could die in real life from your dream is if you had a heart attack or something.