Stress

Discuss anything, lightly moderated
Michealleo
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Stress

Post by Michealleo »

Hi i wana know that how u peoples cope with stress ? i have heard that yoga is best exercise to cope with stress . IF it is really possible then i wana know that what kinda yoga is useful for mental health or for coping with stress . Thanks
Zukamimotu
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Re: Stress

Post by Zukamimotu »

Usually, I just I-Dose to reduce stress. That, then I play video-games. Things like Left 4 Dead and other horror-themed games. They create other sources of stress, getting my mind off of the other stressors and on to enjoying my after effects and trying to figure out where to aim my gun in-game. XD
Gresham
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Gresham »

Stress is your body's way of responding to any kind of demand. It can be caused by both good and bad experiences. When people feel stressed by something going on around them, their bodies react by releasing chemicals into the blood. These chemicals give people more energy and strength, which can be a good thing if their stress is caused by physical danger. But this can also be a bad thing, if their stress is in response to something emotional and there is no outlet for this extra energy and strength. This class will discuss different causes of stress, how stress affects you, the difference between 'good' or 'positive' stress and 'bad' or 'negative' stress, and some common facts about how stress affects people today.
kingcobra
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by kingcobra »

People tend to be overwhelmed by negative stressors due to avoidance. Think of your emotions as an outward manifestation of what's going on in your life. Now if you just go with the flow and do not look critically at them, they can take control.

Listening to a dose that calms you down can help, but this merely looks to address the symptoms and not their causes. It is only through introspection that we can truly gain a good hold on this negative stuff. Depending on the circumstances, we may not be able to help ourselves out much, but the very act of trying in itself can help some.

So the goal is to figure out what is bothering you and then understand that you are not really helpless here and make the changes necessary to improve the situation, and you will have less stress. Dosing can help you achieve the proper mindset to best achieve this, but you have to follow through ;-)
claudineriddle
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by claudineriddle »

Yoga is really good for stress. Start emphasizing on the breathe. If you could try a little of meditation with a few breathing exercises, it would be magical.