Simply My Opinion...

Discuss spiritual practices
Biojerk
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: re:

Post by Biojerk »

stephenxanders wrote:It is very hard to believe something that is unseem.. However, we need to ask ourself where does human race comes from? Ofcourse there will always be a creator.. I don't believe Charles Darwin, and in fact, before he died, he confess that all of it was a lie :-)
I don't believe Charles Darwin either. Because it takes no "belief" it takes no "faith" it just simply is. It's science, not a religion. I don't have to BELIEVE it for it to be true. It just is.

I don't understand why religious people all the time are thinking that if they believe in a scientific fact, then that means they can't believe in their God. Has no one ever heard "God works in mysterious ways"? Maybe the whole "magic" way that God/dess made people, was simply through evolution. It doesn't appear magical and amazing to us though because we are so used to it. I don't understand why people don't think that God/dess just works through forces of nature that we already know. To me, nature and the way it works is so fantastically amazing that I don't have to make it appear anything more then what it is.

I don't know why people have to make their existence some kind of magical force that we don't understand for them to feel like GOD did it. I strongly believe that God/dess is still the creator, but just science happens to have proven HOW it was done. I don't think God picked up a pile of dirt and played with it for 30 seconds and made a human out of it. I believe God thought something along the lines of,"How should I make humans. Oh well maybe I'll do it this way." and ta-dah. Evolution. I don't know why people can't have both, instead of one or the other. I don't think either one disproves the other.
Jimmy Skittles
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Simply My Opinion...

Post by Jimmy Skittles »

All paranormal/unreal/unexplainable things do not exist.

We NEVER made physical contact with intelligent aliens. It would take them millions of years to travel to our planet at near the speed of light (Which is impossible).

God DOES NOT exist. It has been proven multiple times. Stop living in the 19th century.

Ghosts DO NOT exist. You cannot live without a physical brain. You have no brain H- you're dead.

Spirits (Astral projection, etc) are fake. Your brain is making stuff up. It may be fun, but it's fake.

There is NO afterlife. Being dead is the same experience as before birth. Don't be scared of death, be scared of pain instead. Better yet, don't be scared at all.

Everyone is born Athiest.

I am a Realist (Check out http://www.churchofreality.org, it's REALLY cool; like a religion for Aithiests).
Those were the things that are fake. There are more, but I forgot them. Ask me for more questions about truth. If I don't know, I will ignore; if I do know the truth, I will answer.
Frankoman
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Frankoman »

Atheism is a religion you know :P

And do you really think putting caps lock makes your point more valid? Where is there proof countless times that God doesn't exist? If there is this countless proof, why do people still debate it today?

Also, what is the point of life if there is no God? I'll answer for you; there isn't. Our actions are all meaningless because we're born time goes on then we die. And what happens after we die? When you are born, that is where life starts for you. Before that, there was nothing. If you were born and never educated on history, family etc then everything started the day you were born. Your mind was created. Where does it go when you die? Do you dream forever? Is it just an eternal black? Are you reincarnated? And if it is an eternal dream, wouldn't you rather have happy positive dreams about God and heaven then nightmares about how horrible life was?
Jimmy Skittles
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Jimmy Skittles »

Frankoman wrote:Atheism is a religion you know :P

And do you really think putting caps lock makes your point more valid? Where is there proof countless times that God doesn't exist? If there is this countless proof, why do people still debate it today?

Also, what is the point of life if there is no God? I'll answer for you; there isn't. Our actions are all meaningless because we're born time goes on then we die. And what happens after we die? When you are born, that is where life starts for you. Before that, there was nothing. If you were born and never educated on history, family etc then everything started the day you were born. Your mind was created. Where does it go when you die? Do you dream forever? Is it just an eternal black? Are you reincarnated? And if it is an eternal dream, wouldn't you rather have happy positive dreams about God and heaven then nightmares about how horrible life was?
Atheism is not a religion.
Many people think Atheism is a religion. It's a common mistake.

There is no point to life, except survival.

After we die we don't feel, see, hear, smell, or taste anything. It's pure nothingness. EXACTLY the same way as before birth.

Everything else you said had no connection to what you were talking about.
At first you say that there is no point to life, and then you start asking questions that you already know answers to.

There IS proof of no "God", it's just people who have been religious their whole lives will continue to believe what they believe, even if the truth is blatantly staring right in their face.
aljh92
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by aljh92 »

to say there is no buddha is stupid. its like saying there was no jesus. there was a jesus. look into it. you can find records of him actually existing. saying jesus is a god is wrong. and stupid. but there was a person who was worshiped and named jesus. probably a con artist.

buddha is different. buddha means awakened one. and in buddhism awakened one is just someone who is one with himself and the universe. which can be taken in so many ways you can officially become a buddha while doing idoser. and not much blood has ever been split over buddhism. some because of buddhism(trying to kill buddhists.)

and for people saying atheism isn't a religion. There is a religion called atheism. it is a religion. there is another beleif system called atheism that is not a religion. most people when they say atheism they mean agnostic. but atheisms true beleifs are that you are part of the earth. and when you die you will become part of it and your soul will die.
Basikx
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Basikx »

Well I'm an Ex-Christian-Atheist. Lost my faith in a Christian boarding school. Even though I have a lot of hatred coming my side by those who think I'm a bad person (and they are Christians believe it or not) I have some really nice Christian friends, fuck it I've fallen in love with a Christian. Just as other religions still probably respect you even though you might be an Atheist, you should give them the same respect.
Trance750
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Re:

Post by Trance750 »

ethan1134 wrote:What legitimate proof does a sceintist have that the big bang happened?
What proof does a Christian have that Jesus actually existed?
Trance750
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Trance750 »

Jimmy Skittles wrote:
Frankoman wrote:Atheism is a religion you know :P

Atheism is not a religion.
Many people think Atheism is a religion. It's a common mistake.

There is no point to life, except survival.

After we die we don't feel, see, hear, smell, or taste anything. It's pure nothingness. EXACTLY the same way as before birth.

Everything else you said had no connection to what you were talking about.
At first you say that there is no point to life, and then you start asking questions that you already know answers to.

There IS proof of no "God", it's just people who have been religious their whole lives will continue to believe what they believe, even if the truth is blatantly staring right in their face.

Actually athiesm is a religion. At it's core, it's the worship of one's self as his true master
Basikx
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Basikx »

Actually you're talking to an Ex-Christian Atheist and Atheism, in it's core or not, is not a religion but a belief. We don't believe in any God. To believe in yourself is totally different from believing a God. Believing in yourself, one could say, means you have self confidence.
Trance750
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Trance750 »

aljh92 wrote:to say there is no buddha is stupid. its like saying there was no jesus. there was a jesus. look into it. you can find records of him actually existing. saying jesus is a god is wrong. and stupid. but there was a person who was worshiped and named jesus. probably a con artist.

buddha is different. buddha means awakened one. and in buddhism awakened one is just someone who is one with himself and the universe. which can be taken in so many ways you can officially become a buddha while doing idoser. and not much blood has ever been split over buddhism. some because of buddhism(trying to kill buddhists.)

and for people saying atheism isn't a religion. There is a religion called atheism. it is a religion. there is another beleif system called atheism that is not a religion. most people when they say atheism they mean agnostic. but atheisms true beleifs are that you are part of the earth. and when you die you will become part of it and your soul will die.
Agnositc: There COULD be a god, but I want proof first

Athiest: There is no god, and no amount of 'proof' will ever convince me otherwise

People often get the two confused
badpup
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by badpup »

Food for thought.. - if a child is never exposed to the concept of god and never gets to know about it, would he go to hell for not worshipping him(appearntly a chauvinist bulling white man).. Would you really want to worship such a god?

I'm an atheist.. I will not believe in a god till proven..
Nick420
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Nick420 »

i aint gonna start dissin you cuz you dont belive in jesus ;D
but in my opinion life is just our brains illusion like dream,if you belive in god you will get to heaven or hell if you dont believe on it youre just gonna die and thats all,if you believe in reincarnation youre gonna reincarnate,its all in our minde and believes,in reality there is noothing,were just an illusion...pretty cool huh? :D