End of the world in 2012

Discuss spiritual practices
-steinz
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by -steinz »

I might die in 2010 anyway, so im not panicing...
Master832
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Master832 »

-steinz wrote:I might die in 2010 anyway, so im not panicing...
Why would you die in 2010? Anywho Ive heard similar stories that aliens are going to reveal themselves in 2012. But I've heard two stories. The 1st one is basically what OP said that aliens are going to come in and teach us enlightenment usually when people speak of this they are referring to the Galactic federation of light who pretty much have a cult following of people who are waiting for their arrival. This is why I don't trust this theory because it reminds me alot of the Heaven's Gate cult (the people who did the mass suicide in matching costumes). Which brings me to the second theory involving this, which states that aliens are going to come and claim to enlighten us when in reality they are the banished Grigori/Annunaki of the Bible and the non-canonical Book of Enoch and plan to conquer the world. This second theory more often than not revolves around the nibiru, new world order, illuminati, masonic, and reptilian conspiracies. Personally, I believe in theory number 2 due to the fact that most sources of information surrounding 2012 name it as the end times not a new beginning.
TooBig4Joo
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by TooBig4Joo »

Well, since this is also the philosophy page, i have to voice my objection to any kind of prophecy on ground that prophecy, if real and true, precludes the idea of free will to humans. This about it this way. If there is a god, and he is "all-powerful" and knows all, including the future, the future is set in stone and unchangeble. I have no free will. This to me is a problem and why i cannot and will not believe in prophecy, or an All-Powerful god.

Mike
Master832
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Master832 »

I think of the future as a web. You have free choice and very few things are set and God sees the future as possibilities all depending on human choice. Anyway its pointless to try and wrap your mind around an All-powerfull being because its impossible.
TooBig4Joo
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by TooBig4Joo »

No, its not impossible. Google "free-will" and god. You will see many, many people talking about this very subject. If life is a web, as you describe, and i can take one of many branches, then the future is NOT set in stone and prophecy has the possibility of being false. An all-powerful god is not capable of being wrong, therefore, if he knows the future, he must be right. If he MUST be right, the future is unchangable, and all other branches of the web are false, thereforee there is only 1 true branch. There is no web. There is no free will in that scenerio.

Mike

Edit: My basic point is, if you believe in A) all powerful god or, B) real, possible, true prophecy then, you must also accept that your life and everything about it was set out for you long before you were born. You may "feel" like you have free will, but your future is set in stone.
ethan1134
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by ethan1134 »

Personally, i don't worry myself too much about that. Because i think i can make my own descisions and do, who cares if the past was set in stone. You can do what you want, as far you know, and that's mostly good enough for me.
JAKE_G
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by JAKE_G »

Well i was reading an article on the internet (forgot what website), and it said that the mayan calander was just misinterpreted. According to the article it ends their because it restarts again or something. Its just a calendar, and calendars end and restart. thats like saying were all going to die on dec 31 because the calendar ends on that day. Yeah it ends but it just starts again.
gpwalsh
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by gpwalsh »

So what is the difference between these benevolent aliens and God? Have we a new faith here?
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by cameraboirzu »

I'd like to find that I'm wrong in 2012 about the world ending, than tinking i'm going to die and acting on that. I dont want to prepare if I dont have to.
doseoflaughter
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by doseoflaughter »

Personally, I don't believe that the world is going to end. Disasters have taken place throughout the history of the earth, and if a few take place in 2012 or sometime around it, that won't be a surprise.
VampLena
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Re: End of the world in 2012

Post by VampLena »

I know this is a old post, but I have to say.. alot of that seems to be coming true. Of course Global events are getting worse, just look at the news. Any day now Iran and Isreal could go into nuclear war.

But on a more personal level, before this year I didnt think anything about spirituality. I am a Scientist and have been most of my life, but its been we have been studying Dimensions, we know they exist, and just as religious people have claimed, we know there are at least 11 of them, and religious people have been saying Gods reside on the 11th for a long time. My work into science led me to becoming spiritual this year, I've peered into the unknown and all alot of spirituality, if you clean up the philosophical talk has a basis in science as we know it now. Look up Quantum Physics (which I study) and you will see so much of what spiritualists talk about if you connect the dots.

I'll close with this, these energies people feel and some see, are scientifically possible. Given what we know about dimensions, if beings existed in them, they would be invisible to humans who can only perceive 3 Dimensions. That is scientific fact, if there are people who have managed expanded their conscious field, they would be able to see more dimensions. Again, this is grounded in scientific fact.
Nick420
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Nick420 »

i just saw it on news,the end of the world in 2012 is aborted :D
like for 2015 year or something :DDDDD
muahhaa :D
Legalize It
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Legalize It »

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`