Mediation

Discuss spiritual practices
Vesher
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Mediation

Post by Vesher »

I've noticed that I occasionally lose concentration while I'm in mid-dose, though I can can typically fall back into the trance. Nonetheless I find it very annoying to be continually falling in and out. I can best describe it as watching a film, then the film stops but the sound continues. I kind of lose direction, but I have an idea where the dose is going because I can hear it. I can pull my concentration together again and drift back in the dose, I never really get a feeling of being full though. I always feel like I haven't experienced my full potential yet.

In retaliation to this problem, I've began to look up meditation practices among different religions. I figured maybe I can meditate for 15 minutes or so before I go into a dose, it will be more centered and able to direct my focus. I have tried using the reset dose, however, I find that has no effect on me whatsoever. The problem remains virtually the same every time.

So I pose this question to the boards. Do any of you meditate before you go into a dose, or would there be any meditation practices someone would like to recommend for me to try.

(P.S.: I have attempted smoking marijuana beforehand, though I do not find that this effects my dose positively (my focus becomes even more scattered). I have only tried it once though, so I will make further attempts. Any success I receive will not be considered in any final results. I do not intend to solve this problem by getting high before every dose.)
dosefiend
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by dosefiend »

I have found that mediation and mantras before using a dose can help increase its effectiveness. Also, while listening to the dose try to picture it as a line or waves going across you mind, i find this helps to keep you focused on the dose and remove all exterior distractions. I have gotten most of the mp3 doses to work with normal ipod headphones while on a plain with this technique.
oPUMAz
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by oPUMAz »

I meditate all the time And do chakra yoga it keepsme relaxed and it seems to help
randomdude93
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Re: Mediation

Post by randomdude93 »

I do a little bit of personal meditation myself, I've become fascinated with it over the past year and I have noticed in addition to helping with the effects of idoser, it is incredibly calming!
RPC123
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Re: Mediation

Post by RPC123 »

I always meditate with some of the Idosers like alpha, beta, ect.
Really helps alot.