Law in my country [South Africa]

Law enforcement and politics
Basikx
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Law in my country [South Africa]

Post by Basikx »

I just have to post this. Why? Well, my country is full of retarded fools 8) . For example, Mari-J is illegal here, but let the right cop bust you and instead of cuffing your ass up, he'll be asking you for a puff.

Another example: The speed signs here. This is considered by us a very serious crime due to the amount of lives lost via drunk driving. If the speed sign says 70 km/h, and you go over it, by let's say 71 Km/h. That's R500, convert that to your currency. Not really a lot for me, but there are times where it can hit the thousands. Now, with a typical cop, all you have to say "I'm from ____ and my children go to boarding school here and I'm really in a rush, they're late... but can't you just take R100? -insertyoursadfacehere-" done.

Imho I wouldn't want this type of attitude towards breaking laws change because, well, you can get away with almost anythng (except murder. You'll get hanged in front of a crowd :) )

Another epic way our government handles thieves: say you steal something from someone. That someone won't be the only one chasing you. The cops, and the crowd will too. The crowd will get to you first though. What will happen? The cops will chill, smoking a cigarette while your ass gets beaten by the crowd.

I'm sure you've all heard of this saying: It's not the people who should be afraid of their government, but the government afraid of it's people.

That's how it is with us 8)
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Re: Law in my country [South Africa]

Post by SadLittlePony »

Law is a way of controlling people. The only law that should exist is house laws. If you own property you own the law of the land. In short allow people to do what they want and only step in if help is needed. Crime would go down. Industry would move forward.
brunoc14
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by brunoc14 »

It's sounds cool and weird at the same time !
Basikx
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Basikx »

Ha, industry in South Africa? It's good. But it could improve, but it won't. Because where I live, 3/4 of the population here are dumbfounded. I could name many examples, for example our ANC Youth Leader, but I would just be wasting my time. Whatever happens in my country happens. Every man for himself.
Nathan23
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Nathan23 »

SadLittlePony wrote:Law is a way of controlling people. The only law that should exist is house laws. If you own property you own the law of the land. In short allow people to do what they want and only step in if help is needed. Crime would go down. Industry would move forward.
I think there are law in every field.Because you need law to protect yourself in any field.But due to bad experience with some laws we ignore the other laws that are really beneficial for us.
The mclaughlins lawyers