legalize marijuana

Law enforcement and politics
petefic
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by petefic »

In my opinion Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug. Millions of people die all the time from Alcohol. NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS EVER DIED FROM MARIJUANA! It is a fact! Also it is impossible to be physically addicted to it. Like Jack Daniels said.
The only way it is addicting is mentally. It is no more addicting than candy. I can't stop myself from eating candy. Why? I like candy. A lot. It's the same with weed.
If it was properly enforced and had many restrictions I think it could work. unfortunately most people are brainwashed to think marijuana will instantly wreck your life and is just as bad as cocaine or heroin, which in my opinion should always stay illegal.

I recommend watching this video. It is an episode of the Showtime TV show "Penn & Teller's BULLSHIT!" Where they did a special on "The War on Drugs" They touch on the money being wasted on the U.S. govt's war on drugs, and reasons why marijuana should be legalized.

I recommend you all watch this very interesting and informative video

Part 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1qtIrfuDzM
Part 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfu26...e=user&search=
Part 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIkZ...e=user&search=
Last edited by petefic on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nwa
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by nwa »

petefic wrote:In my opinion Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug. Millions of people die all the time from Alcohol. NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS EVER DIED FROM MARIJUANA! It is a fact! Also it is impossible to be physically addicted to it. Like Jack Daniels said.
The only way it is addicting is mentally. It is no more addicting than candy. I can't stop myself from eating candy. Why? I like candy. A lot. It's the same with weed.
If it was properly enforced and had many restrictions I think it could work. unfortunately most people are brainwashed to think marijuana will instantly wreck your life and is just as bad as cocaine or heroin, which in my opinion should always stay legal.

I recommend watching this video. It is an episode of the Showtime TV show "Penn & Teller's BULLSHIT!" Where they did a special on "The War on Drugs" They touch on the money being wasted on the U.S. govt's war on drugs, and reasons why marijuana should be legalized.

people are so stupid to think it wreck ya life like if u smoke everyday then it might ruin ya brain a little but i smoke all the time and i write sum of the most creative stuff
deoxide
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by deoxide »

Love wrote:I am moving to amsterdan( scru you Canada)
j/k Canada is the best
are you??
im living near rotterdam;P
and yes....its not illigal here!
its legal my friends;P
nwa
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by nwa »

deoxide wrote:
Love wrote:I am moving to amsterdan( scru you Canada)
j/k Canada is the best
are you??
im living near rotterdam;P
and yes....its not illigal here!
its legal my friends;P
you bastards are lucky hahahah

america sucks nuttin is legal man if they made it legal over here and follow laws like alcohol mad people would have jobs ;)
Purrtyful
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Purrtyful »

Nederlands FTW!!

I live in Australia but my dad grew up in Venlo :D
deoxide
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by deoxide »

Purrtyful wrote:Nederlands FTW!!

I live in Australia but my dad grew up in Venlo :D
:O cooowl!!
can you speak a bit dutch??
Purrtyful
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Purrtyful »

I can say "Hoe gaat het met jou", a proverb "Wie goed doet goed ontmoot", and a game taunt my dad told me "Hi ha hondalul!!" uhmmm but I don't know any more than that :P Hehe ^^
CrazyCory564
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by CrazyCory564 »

pjott wrote:Marijuana and Alcohol dosn't have the same effects.
Peroid.
You're right: alcohol has way worse effects.

With marijuana you have more control over your actions, are laid back, and get creative and/or lazy. With alcohol, you get more emotional, can blackout, flip out, ect.

Plus weed is healthier then cigarettes in every way except for it has 4 times as much tar. I rather have more tar and take out 4000 extra chemicals which include urine, rat poison, ect. It's all natural and has no physical addictions. (no withdraw). If it's healthier then cigarettes and better/safer effects then alcohol and they are both legal, why isn't marijuana?
Blazed
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Blazed »

CrazyCory564 wrote:
pjott wrote:Marijuana and Alcohol dosn't have the same effects.
Peroid.
You're right: alcohol has way worse effects.

With marijuana you have more control over your actions, are laid back, and get creative and/or lazy. With alcohol, you get more emotional, can blackout, flip out, ect.

Plus weed is healthier then cigarettes in every way except for it has 4 times as much tar. I rather have more tar and take out 4000 extra chemicals which include urine, rat poison, ect. It's all natural and has no physical addictions. (no withdraw). If it's healthier then cigarettes and better/safer effects then alcohol and they are both legal, why isn't marijuana?

yes he knows what hes talking about. weed is way way wayyyyy healthier than alcohol and cigerettes in many ways. alcohol is one of the most poisonous substances you can ingest but people still do it every day all the damn time.it causes long term effects such as it causes liver damage (i.e. cirrhosis) and you can become addicted to it and it can cause brain cell damge as well. a lot of people i know like to use that excuse "weed is dumb because it makes you stupid"...sure weed kills brain cells....every thing that will fuck you up does that even if it is as minute as weed. i think they choose not to legalize it in the u.s. (which is where i reside but im gonna go to the places where you can smoke legally someday!) so the gov't acts like they have power but the truth is and many of you realize it, weed is much safer than killing youreself by drinking and smoking stupid cigerettes. and on top of that alcohol impairs you more than weed does! i know that first hand matter of fact :-D
and i think smokin is better than drinking hands down!
who agrees with me??

plus bein high is great :D

try it sometime before you dont want it to be legalized mmk?
Blazed
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: ah

Post by Blazed »

xLAMExOx wrote:Who ever thinks that it should be legalized is LAME!

Marijauna can lead to deppression and then suicide, sorry but im happy the way I am now.

Alcohol and Marijauna are not the same.

Personally I think that it should stay ILLEGAL and cigs should be banned. The problem with your idea of only using it "responsibly" is that maybe you will but someone else wont! then something is gonna go wrong...

So it's fine how it is! :eek:
oh yea your an idiot....you must have never smoked before because weed makes you happy retard! you might commit suicide if you decide to jump off a bridge or something when your high...but other than that...how can you possibly think this?
and another thing....i noticed that you said ciggerettes should be banned as well as weed...well if that happens...i think alcohol should be illegal as well because like i said earlier alcohol has a greater affect on your judgement and decision making skills...sure if affects others differently...but generally its like that
plus it is more dangerous to ingest

and your right alcohol and marijuana are not the same....weed is better :D

and ill bet every person on here who enjoys weed thinks your lame!
Blazed
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Blazed »

nwa wrote:
petefic wrote:In my opinion Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug. Millions of people die all the time from Alcohol. NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS EVER DIED FROM MARIJUANA! It is a fact! Also it is impossible to be physically addicted to it. Like Jack Daniels said.
If it was properly enforced and had many restrictions I think it could work. unfortunately most people are brainwashed to think marijuana will instantly wreck your life and is just as bad as cocaine or heroin, which in my opinion should always stay legal.

people are so stupid to think it wreck ya life like if u smoke everyday then it might ruin ya brain a little but i smoke all the time and i write sum of the most creative stuff
tru dat
CrazyCory564
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by CrazyCory564 »

Blazed wrote:
nwa wrote:
petefic wrote:In my opinion Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug. Millions of people die all the time from Alcohol. NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS EVER DIED FROM MARIJUANA! It is a fact! Also it is impossible to be physically addicted to it. Like Jack Daniels said. If it was properly enforced and had many restrictions I think it could work. unfortunately most people are brainwashed to think marijuana will instantly wreck your life and is just as bad as cocaine or heroin, which in my opinion should always stay legal.

tru dat
Weed shouldn't be illegal. Think of cigarretes without the chemicals. just short term affects
Vincspenc
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Vincspenc »

Ehhh if it's legal little kids like me will be able to get it easily (wel for me it's easy I live in holland and the coffee shop is just round the the corner from my school). Think bout that all these little 11 year olds going around being absolutly stoned (and brain damaged sooner or later). I don;t think thy should ban MJ but people should be carefull cuz if I want some MJ I can get it within 10 minutes or so (and I'm fu**** 13).
mistert34
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mistert34 »

(Statistics found at http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/dru ... index.html)

"marijuana users in 2005 was approximately 25.4 million (10.4% of the population aged 12 or older)"

Here is a glimps at how much money the government could make in the US if marijuana was legalized and taxed.

Around were I live, a quarter of K-town costs roughly 20 dollors, and I'm sure that the price veries from place to place but that is beside the point. If marijuana became legal in the US and was taxed, lets say, 10%, that would cost me 22 US Dollors. That adds up to 50.8 Million Dollors in the governments pocket if everyone that smokes on a regular basis was to buy that only once.

This is were many variables can take place. I personaly make a quarter last a week or so. Some people, not so much. So if everyone buys a quarter once a week, this is what you get. roughly 52 weeks multiplied by 50.8 million dollors comes out to be $2,600,000,000 in one year.

I know it dosent seem like alot but you have to take into account the possible tax increase, and the compounding about of people that use marijuana each year, increase and tax on marijuana excesories such as bongs and pipes, price of various types of bud, potencies and such.
Vale
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Vale »

yeah, I don't really do real drugs but YES marijuana should be legalized.
I mean, there's prescription pot, right? lol