legalize marijuana

Law enforcement and politics
mikeadelic
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mikeadelic »

Many thanks to: Outgrow Big Bro ©

The Legalization of Cannabis:

It seems like it may be just around the corner, but it has felt this way for a while. Am I right? The idea, is just to forget about prohibition for a while. We all know that it is against the law. But if we live like it's not, then eventually it won't be.

Am I making sense? Civil disobedience is the way to go when dealing with unjust laws on the books. Enough walking around on eggshells, and begging the gov't to tax us for what God has provided us with free of charge. There has been lobbying on the behalf of legalization for three decades. It's time to skip the red tape and get others to skip it with us.

Put your seeds in the most conspicuous of places, so that the masses will have a chance to notice a wild cannabis plant growing in plain view, which will slowly desensitize them to the idea that it is not a bad thing. When people are able to appreciate the beauty of a cannabis plant growing on every corner, we will have planted the metaphysical seed into the minds of others, thereby accomplishing our goal.

Do your part to ensure that stories with headlines like "Marijuana Found Growing at Police Headquarters" and "Joker Plants Pot at State Capitol" make their way into the papers in your area.

Of course, this is a much different approach to legalization than most are used to dealing with, but after three decades of lobbying for the legalization of cannabis, we are still not there. So let's take it that next step.

Let's Outgrow Big Bro!

Hector

Outgrowbigbro.org

You're either with us or you're them.

repost this if you're with us

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats what weve gotta do man
peace

and post that into myspace and whatever else youve got
3dward
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Re: ah

Post by 3dward »

xLAMExOx wrote:Who ever thinks that it should be legalized is LAME!

Marijauna can lead to deppression and then suicide, sorry but im happy the way I am now.

Alcohol and Marijauna are not the same.

Personally I think that it should stay ILLEGAL and cigs should be banned. The problem with your idea of only using it "responsibly" is that maybe you will but someone else wont! then something is gonna go wrong...

So it's fine how it is! :eek:
lmao, so can alcohol, not in most cases though. But keep in mind that it's the same with marijuana.
mikeadelic
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mikeadelic »

dude its been proven that booze is worse than dope in almost every way man
but cigs should be banned, and pot could replace it, and maybe cancer wouldnt be so prevalent
and no one is gonna force you to do it man, its a choice
Frah
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Frah »

maby that's a good idea, maby not :cool:
mikeadelic
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mikeadelic »

its at least worth a try, i mean its not like grass being illegal is doing much to stop people from using it
PsYkO_KiLLa90
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by PsYkO_KiLLa90 »

anyone who thinks it shoud stay lilligal read this.http://erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_faq1.shtml
and to the guy who said smoking should be illigal it shouldnt be
1 you dont have to smoke it
2 people should be able to do it if they want. same goes with other drugs like weed.
RavenDX
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by RavenDX »

I support this 100%. It's not like it could kill you jeez. The are only two reasons that people think it is bad, 1: You've been brainashed by all the commercials with the talking dog and shit, or 2: You've never tried it. Or Both. DO NOT SAY IT SHOULD BE LEGALIZE WITHOUT TRYING IT FIRST. And besides, like the other guys above me said, noone's forcing you.
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Marijuana being illegal is a joke and everybody knows it. Everybody who wants to does it anyway, and because it's illegal, MORE people do it because they think it makes them edgy and cool or whatever. The small percentage of people who go to jail for possession or sale or cultivation are clogging up the legal system, overcrowding the prisons, and causing lovely people such as rapists to be forced through the parole process to make room for nonviolent drug offenders. Instead of being a multi billion dollar boon on the economy and government, marijuana is currently a multi billion dollar sinkhole. So....why is it illegal again?
Enthralled
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Enthralled »

Ness wrote:Marijuana being illegal is a joke and everybody knows it. Everybody who wants to does it anyway, and because it's illegal, MORE people do it because they think it makes them edgy and cool or whatever. The small percentage of people who go to jail for possession or sale or cultivation are clogging up the legal system, overcrowding the prisons, and causing lovely people such as rapists to be forced through the parole process to make room for nonviolent drug offenders. Instead of being a multi billion dollar boon on the economy and government, marijuana is currently a multi billion dollar sinkhole. So....why is it illegal again?
Ill tell you why, because the U.S. is running out of options. But thats my own opinion. I mean, Man-to-Man, how long do you think the U.S. will last? The way things seem to me over the years is that We have all of these Freedoms and yet the Central Intelligence thinks it 'runs the show' and can break those freedoms. And yes, they are getting broken. I mean look at all of these laws about wearing t-shirts when and where. I dare a person to walk into the white house (opportunity given) with a tee shirt that says, "I kill presidents". But it is freedom of speech is it not? I went off subject but i hope you see where im coming from.
PsYkO_KiLLa90
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by PsYkO_KiLLa90 »

Enthralled wrote:
Ness wrote:Marijuana being illegal is a joke and everybody knows it. Everybody who wants to does it anyway, and because it's illegal, MORE people do it because they think it makes them edgy and cool or whatever. The small percentage of people who go to jail for possession or sale or cultivation are clogging up the legal system, overcrowding the prisons, and causing lovely people such as rapists to be forced through the parole process to make room for nonviolent drug offenders. Instead of being a multi billion dollar boon on the economy and government, marijuana is currently a multi billion dollar sinkhole. So....why is it illegal again?
Ill tell you why, because the U.S. is running out of options. But thats my own opinion. I mean, Man-to-Man, how long do you think the U.S. will last? The way things seem to me over the years is that We have all of these Freedoms and yet the Central Intelligence thinks it 'runs the show' and can break those freedoms. And yes, they are getting broken. I mean look at all of these laws about wearing t-shirts when and where. I dare a person to walk into the white house (opportunity given) with a tee shirt that says, "I kill presidents". But it is freedom of speech is it not? I went off subject but i hope you see where im coming from.
thats exactly how it works dude. your free until someone disagrees with your views.
mangakid_19
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mangakid_19 »

I will not read past the first page, but...
I stongly diagree with making it legal. It was made illegal because it kills chromosomes, and braincells, and using it enough will kill you without cancer. It is highly dangerous, and the only way it will help the economy is if it is made into a stock market group (MJC?) At which point, all of America will be covered in intoxicating smoke and everyone will get high, including pregnant women and kids, killing our only hope for the future.

And, it does cause depression. Unless you are always high off of it. Because you can get high to get rid of your worries, but then you become sane again, and guess what? The worries are back! Surprised? Shouldn't be. It only makes your minds worry go away, not the actual problem, for a short while.

I am sixteen and still smart enough to not use stuff like this. If I was stupid enough do do this stuff, I would rather be born mentally retarded, becuase of how it will eventually make you completely dependent on everyone else. Your brain will be so F**ked up that you couldn't move and you would become a clinical veggie. Its the sad but true fact.

It is up to you to be offended by this or not. (It is not to offend anone, but I know someone out there will be offended by this.)

Edit: I read the posts quoted above. I agree with that. You are only free until your opinion is disagreed upon. And, no. The laws were not changed to get more people in jail or just to control the citizens.

It was made illegal because it KILLs you, but no-one seems to care. This is what gives teens the bad rep. Teens use it because they are not taught better. Ever notice how the drug users are the ones to be the "bully" and they are also vandalists,etc.? It is because the users of things like this are not taught better.

And if the parents do this stuff, they give it to their kids. Then the kids, if they live long enough, give it to their kids, and so on.

Someone suggested an Aminita dose. Sure you could go ahead and use the real aminita mushroom, its quicker and less painful.

PS, I am anti-Government. Not the Bill O'Riley anarchist (public terrorists), but I just disagree with what they do, like voting themselves a pay raise. Why not vote people that arne't getting ten dollars a minute the pay raise? I know about REAL anarchy from site of it from the 1980s. The first rule is to not hurt anyone unless you have a reason to. The people killed out in the car bombings are terrorists, born and raised that way, as like the aove stements.)
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Actually, it was made illegal before we knew what DNA was because hemp fiber was threatening the cotton industry. Know what you're talking about before you talk. It does not kill brain cells and its been proven that even heavy use doesn't cause brain damage. Quit believing the myths. Also, THC isn't toxic. You CAN NOT OD. Researchers tried to determine the LD 50 in rats and they literally COULD NOT administer a lethal dose.

Edit: Also you clearly don't know anything about economics. Currently, marijuana sales go untaxed and don't factor into figures like GDP. Marijuana is THE biggest cash crop in America. Do the math.
mangakid_19
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mangakid_19 »

You are also apparently a heavy user. It has chemicals that connect to the brain cells, and too many can cause damage to the cells. Maybe you should learn the facts first. It does kill brain cells, it has been proven, and so many people have od on MJ. It is possible, and it doesn't need to pe scientifically proven. If it happens commonly, I don't say it is something else that is causing it.
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Find me a study that shows it kills brain cells and a news report about someone overdosing on marijuana. Bet you can't.
mangakid_19
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mangakid_19 »

I can't because most of the scientists are being badgered by legalizers saying that they want studies that prove it wont kill. So, to keep the lawsuits away, they proved that it doesn't kill. All that time ago, and in Discover, it said that MJ kills the brain cells and people can overdose. Now, when so many people start petitions to legalize it, the studies change and no one can find any of the studies of how it does overdose. Strange coincidence? I think not.

I know that this is the point where you say, "See? you can't find any of the sources, just as no one ever will." But why is it only the smokers now say that it doesn't kill. Nothing in moderation will kill, but no-onw will smoke marajuana in moderation. No one ever has or ever will. The people who use it usually have side effects, like the fact that they will kill to get it, and they start to deform, then if they can't get any, they go through withdraw and cn die that way. Besides, so many die of a younger age, car crashes, and all kinds of other accidents. Overdoses aren't needed.