Binaural Beats

Binaural brainwave dosing
Basikx
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Binaural Beats

Post by Basikx »

So to conclude my history of asking and asking (probably not so much :3) I want to ask one more question.

As I understand,

1st Freq = 1st Ear
2nd Freq = 2nd Ear

1st Freq - 2nd Freq = 3rd Freq

3rd Freq = Binaural Beats?

Only reply if you understand what I'm talking about it shouldn't be difficult. When your brain generates the frequency, what kind of sounds can you hear? Anything from a recurring jungle beat to a ambulance siren? Because this is what I'm hearing and I just want to make sure I'm on the right track.
PiCiNk0
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Re: Binaural Beats

Post by PiCiNk0 »

If i got your question right, your brain doesn't create frequency which you can hear... It's just frequency that your brain is "tuned on" .
recurring jungle beat to a ambulance siren
This may be background ambient music (??), or maybe you just imagine this sound... Really i don't know what you meant in this :(
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Re: Binaural Beats

Post by SadLittlePony »

As you put it that is exactly right. 500 hertz in one ear and 510 hertz in the other ear. You have 10 hertz difference which your ears to not have a large enough frequency response range to hear just 10 hertz so instead your brain picks up on the difference and you can hear the wobble of 10 hertz. Similarly is is like looking at a stereo-gram the two images on their own are flat images and when your brain perceives them together it gives the image depth. That is how binaurals work and that is why you need both ears.