Crackling...

Discuss the computer software
vic502
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Crackling...

Post by vic502 »

So, I was wondering if there was a listing (or warning, if you will :) ) of doses that have the crackling in them. I have bought some doses (Andrenocrome...etc) and had no idea about the crackling until it happens. Now, I do not mind if they are in there...but I guess some head's up would make it less scary.

What do you guys think...would you want to be surprised by the crackling or know it's coming before-hand?
SpaceMiNd
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Re: Crackling...

Post by SpaceMiNd »

Inhalant I heard had a crackle sound, though I think it's been updated and fixed
MarijuanaQH
and a couple others that don't come to mind
Happy Dosing - SpaceMiNd
vic502
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by vic502 »

Thank you for that SpaceMind! I'll keep that in thought...
ngphil22
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by ngphil22 »

I really dislike the crackling. I am getting a little more used to it, but it always puts me on edge and scares me a bunch. I wish this was not a problem with some of the doses.

Happy dosing,
Phil
vic502
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by vic502 »

Like you, I have decided to get over the hump and just get use to it. It isn't all that bad now. As the doses are on, I have learned to listen for the pre-emptive popping beforehand to forewarn me.
BokaSyn77
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by BokaSyn77 »

I know of two that 100% have the crackling sound. The first time I heard it I was listening to Chloroform. It actually broke the trance I was getting into because I thought something was wrong w/ my headphones and/or computer. This was in the .drg file. I also tried the .mp3 and it was there too, so I relaxed about it.

Last night, I was listening to Datura (using it as a trance helper w/ a self-hypnosis file I was running w/ it), and it happened about 2/3's of the way through. This time I wasn't surprised or worried about it, but unfortunately the volume (despite it being on minimum volume) of it drowned out the voice of the hypnosis mp3 I was running. It ruined the trance basically. :-(

I usually use Theta & Delta binaurals (not always I Doser ones) to help w/ hypnosis tracks, but recently I've been wandering and using over doses to see what kind of effects they would have. Datura description says it is the best to get that amazing 'trance' effect. Low & behold, it had the static/crackling in it.
StealthTheUnknown
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by StealthTheUnknown »

I am curious as to what causes it. From my experience with audio engeneering, it could be anything from a distortion caused by the gain being too high, some kind of error relating to the source code, or some other unknown reason. It can be bothersome, but being able to know which sessions have it and being able to anticipate the sound can help lessen the startle involved (and turning the volume down helps too, after all, the beats are more defined and audible if they are at a comfortable volume).

Two sessions on the mobile application that have it are Ayahuasca and GreenQH. Neither are too frigtening, but they are there.