HeadPhones (hear me out)

Get user supplied support
jaredliles2000
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

HeadPhones (hear me out)

Post by jaredliles2000 »

Okay, I have no doubt that this topic finished loading about half-way through everyone's eyes rolling, but this is becoming a legitimate concern that can't be avoided for too much longer.

I understand that the "Will my headphones work" question is old and tired and lame and downright annoying. Like all things worth looking at however, this statement comes with a "but". :unibrow:

The last Be-All, End-All answers from I-Doser on this was a link to Approved headphones. There was a time when this certainly was all that was needed to squash the incessant nagging about what works and what doesn't. But that time is quickly drawing to a close. I recently decided to grab some good headphones since I just started dosing, and I've never really had a "Good" pair of headphones anyway. So lets do this! :nod:

Or maybe not. Out of 11 listed wired headphones, only 7 are still available. Sure, that's better than half, but not by much, and for how much longer? Well, thats okay, I want wireless anyway. If its good enough for I-Doser, it'll definitely give me more out of my gaming and such.

Wait. What?? :retard:
Only TWO wireless sets available??

I know that I-Doser Admin cannot possibly sit around all day and field the torrential downpour of brand and model checks. I'm certain, though, that there could be a table to compare 'approved performance minimums' against the headphones you're considering. I have to imagine the specs supplied on nearly all headphones would be sufficient to get at least a good idea of their effectiveness for Dosing. At the very least we could get a few (several) (dozens) of newly approved sets added to the list.

Nothing else, maybe I-Doser Admin could consider allowing users to submit headphones that have yielded results. (Reasonably reliable reports, steady results, multiple doses, description of effect summarized for each dose, etc)

Maybe we can get the ball rolling and have more than the skeleton crew of approved headphones to choose from. Nobody wants to blow money on "nice" headphones only to find out they're useless for what they were intended-- DOSING!!!

Thoughts?
EDIT:
I should probably point out that this post is not about complaining, criticizing, or simply to point a finger. This is a forum, and thats the spirit with which i posted this: Open forum. Lets talk this problem out and see if we as a community can come up with a legitimate way to help ALL of us dose effectively and avoid blowing money on headphones that don't work. Any and all ideas are welcome, but please, lets be constructive
nekoboi
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Re: HeadPhones (hear me out)

Post by nekoboi »

This makes sense maybe give us what Frequency we should look for in headphones
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by SadLittlePony »

I wrote a guide that answers your questions. You can find it here. http://i-doser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10596 The short sweet and simple version... It doesn't matter what your headphones are rated at a cheap pair of headphones are still gonna be cheap.
jaredliles2000
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by jaredliles2000 »

Great post, SLP, thanks!
I remember reading you post, found it whilst browsing and liked the info you had in there. Maybe I'm trying to reinvent the wheel, but its not quite what I'm looking for, though.

Things like bass-response are important, for reasons obvious and subtle, but too much can become counter-productive. There's the danger of hardwired eq in the phones that could mess with the dose, and then there's the problem of having little or no chance to test most models without committing to a purchase.
Just for instance.

What I'd like to see happen is something along the lines of a place where the posts
"Blank-And-Blanks 3 series, they work great!" or
"Who's-N-Himmers BLASTS, great sound but messes with dose"...

instead of the usual "Do Audeephil Krugs work?"

Obviously user-submissions would be categorized as "Try at your own risk", but speaking from my recent experience there's precious little specific information on Dose-worthy headphones out there. So little, in fact, I just got the only Doser-approved wireless headphones in stock. Being a married man with kids, a few hundred bucks for a good set of headphones was more than i could gamble. Without them however, i likely would've missed out on what I-Doser can be. If it didn't work that great, I probably wouldn't buy more doses in the future, right?

Personally, I'm a selfish guy. I want I-Doser to start rakin in the dough so they'll be even better supported to come out with new products and services. :)
I was hoping to push and make it easier for newer dosers than it was for me
Diia
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Diia »

So, yeah. Speaking of headphones - what is the word on that today? Every time I attempt to look up information on the best to use, i either get 1: a broken webpage, or 2: sent to a page that has a link for approved headphones. And that link in 2? yeah, takes me back to 1....

so no information I can find. I am getting positive effects on cheap headphones, but it is easier than it should be to get distracted at times, (no noise cancellation at all), and worse, the headphones can only be used for a day or two before the neverending feedback within prevents a dose from working on them again for at least several days. (Also I cannot find any information on this, but I cannot be the only person that experiences major distortions in audio equipment after heavy meditation - its to the point that if I want to listen to the radio I need to have one of the kids turn it on, because if I gert anywhere near it, the music becomes 4+ mumbled stations rolled together,m with excessive brown noise, and garbled voices - which ruins it for everybody - - not meditating for 3+ days resolves the issue.....but I dont want to not meditate.)