Antidepressant dose effects on bipolar?

Discuss the computer software
TheJettSet27
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Antidepressant dose effects on bipolar?

Post by TheJettSet27 »

Hey guys, super personal question from me today.
So I've believed for a long time now that I have Type II bipolar/cyclothymia. I came to this conclusion after careful research, notetaking and journal entries.
I've been hitting depression hard lately (I rarely go hypomanic) and I was thinking about taking the Zolo dose every night or morning to see if it would help. The problem with antidepressants in bipolar disorder is that they generally don't help. in fact, they can and often will send the person manic - extremely manic at that.
My mother is also bipolar and a couple years ago she tried taking Cymbalta to combat the current depression she was dealing with. Two days later she was MANIC. And I mean manic. Positively elated, super kind, extremely hyper and energetic, and was doing many, many things. Another few days on it and she would have gone psychotic.
I'm afraid that it would do the same thing to me.
Considering this is only a dose and not actual medication, do you believe it would act the same way? I'd rather not become super manic. I like hypomania but from what I hear full-blown mania isn't much fun at all.
Thanks! :D
AnonChem
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Antidepressant dose effects on bipolar?

Post by AnonChem »

Necroposting))

Hello.
Try to mix your drugs with sedative doses - it could be effective.