Questions on Volume and RT Tuning Feature

Discuss phone/tablet app
Kre8tiv
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Questions on Volume and RT Tuning Feature

Post by Kre8tiv »

We know there are a lot of variables involved with volume, tuning, and other things, and this of course is going to vary with each individual. Nevertheless, I'm going to bring some things up, and hope we get a moderator or admin to give some input here, as these specific things don't seem to be covered in the guides, other than, "set these settings to your own personal preferences and effectiveness".

That being said.....I still have some (I think) important questions (hope we can get some replies here):

We know that the sound files for I-Doser are sensitive files and we've been told in the guides that EQ, compressions, etc. can alter the effectiveness and/or results of the doses. I would also assume that "volume" (to some degree) will affect things as well, as this could possibly change the EQ or "aura" slightly (depending on the phone/device and headphones/earbuds used).

So the question is: How loud do doses need to be listened to be considered optimally effective enough, and what would be considered too loud? Are binaural beats effective only at a "hearable" volume, or can they be effective at low volumes (subliminally)?

My logical thoughts would assume that subliminal is a different technology/process than of binaural beats, so I would lean toward "audible", and if so, that would mean a comfortable (medium to loud) volume. However, if the volume is too loud, it could cause a change in EQ/ambience and/or distortion, either of which can alter the sound, so one would "back-off" the volume until these issues revert back to normal.

More important question: RT Tuning Enhancement Tones. We know they must be manually turned on, and there are three to choose from (Stimulation, Leveling, and Calming), and only one type can be used at a time. When should the various tones be used? ...at what times during the dose?, ....or do you use a specific type of tone for specific kinds of doses? I do not see anything concerning this in the guides and I know I would like to know the answer to this.

As far as setting the volume level for the tone itself (against the dose volume), what is considered optimal?
Now I know this is subject to individual taste, but the logical thought is to set the tone so it is low-level audible so it blends-in with the tones from the dose and seems to stimulate, but is that optimizing the effectiveness? I would assume this is correct, but not sure. I usually find I am setting dose volume to full and the enhancement tone to around 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up.

IF YOU ARE A MOBILE USER AND YOU HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THIS, PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS...... :-D
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions on Volume and RT Tuning Feature

Post by idoser »

So the question is: How loud do doses need to be listened to be considered optimally effective enough, and what would be considered too loud? Are binaural beats effective only at a "hearable" volume, or can they be effective at low volumes (subliminally)?

Binaurals are only effective at hearing volume. They are effective at a low volume, as long as you can hear it. For dosing, you optimally want to listen at a comfortable level. A good baseline would be about the same volume you would listen to music to with headphones. As you suggested, you wouldn't want to go so loud it causes discomfort or distortion. They would also not work at a subliminal level, if by that you mean at a volume you couldn't hear.

RT Tuning Enhancement Tones. We know they must be manually turned on, and there are three to choose from (Stimulation, Leveling, and Calming), and only one type can be used at a time. When should the various tones be used? ...at what times during the dose?, ....or do you use a specific type of tone for specific kinds of doses? I do not see anything concerning this in the guides and I know I would like to know the answer to this.

These options are for more advanced dosers. They are not essential to your session. However, if you do with to use them, they are a completely manual operation. If you feel over stimulated while in your dose slipstream, then layer on the Calming for a bit until your get back to the feeling you're trying to hit. If you get over drowsy or sleepy, Stimulation. If you hit a good stride, you can experiment with leveling to maintain or if you think you want a more minimal shift in mood you can try a bit of leveling. You will have to experiment with these and your dose (or dose combinations) to see how they personally effect you.

Now I know this is subject to individual taste, but the logical thought is to set the tone so it is low-level audible so it blends-in with the tones from the dose and seems to stimulate, but is that optimizing the effectiveness? I would assume this is correct, but not sure. I usually find I am setting dose volume to full and the enhancement tone to around 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up.

Personal taste. Typically you would not want to overpower the dose sequence. You are correct in keeping the dose volume higher than the enhancement. Past that, just keep it high enough volume that it blends into your sequence well without overpowering it.