I-Doser Premium on Windows error Attempted to divide by zero

Get user supplied support
gongman99
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

I-Doser Premium on Windows error Attempted to divide by zero

Post by gongman99 »

Hi, I downloaded some new files yesterday, and when I went to load them (or any of my existing doses from previous purchase), I can load doses, but Idoser just crashes as soon as I try play the queue. The error on the screen is unhandled exception - Attempted to divide by zero. I have submitted the full error log below. I have tried uninstall Idoser, restarting the PC and the reinstalling, I have checked that drg files are NOT read only, and read through all the various solutions people have posted. No one has posted this particular error msg though. When first bought Idoser premium sometime last year, it was working fine and I was able to play doses and export them to mp3, etc. I am using Windows 10 (and that was the same when I first installed idoser and it worked - no Windows upgrades since I have had this)

Once it crashes, it stays open on the screen, and I have to use Task Manager in Windows to kill it. I have now spent most of the afternoon trying to resolve this using the forum suggestions from others to no avail. By the way, I notice mine is a 32 bit version, are there ever any updates provided for Idoser, or can I replace mine with a newer 64 bit version if there is one, and how (I would not expect to have to buy this again).

Here is the detailed log, please help

Attempted to divide by zero.
at IDoser.SbaPlayer.SbagenGetProgress()
at IDoser.SbaPlayer.OnTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at IDoser.IDoserApp.Main()
gongman99
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: I-Doser Premium on Windows error Attempted to divide by

Post by gongman99 »

My virus scanner has been turned off today but that makes no difference, and the files have been unzipped properly before loading into IDoser. As I said, it was working previously correctly, so I know the drg files are extracted properly.
michel333alfa
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by michel333alfa »

gongman99 wrote:My virus scanner has been turned off today but that makes no difference, and the files have been unzipped properly before loading into IDoser. As I said, it was working previously correctly, so I know the drg files are extracted properly.
Maybe try reinstalling i-doser or running it on a virtual machine...
gongman99
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by gongman99 »

thanks michel333alfa, but I have already tried uninstalling /reinstalling several times, the last time, with the virus scanner off, uninstalling , then rebooting the PC and installing again. Still no luck. As I said, it worked when I first bought it and for sometime after, so I do not understand why it has stopped running now. I can load doses, but cannot play them or export to MP3. What do you mean try running it in a virtual machine exactly? This is just a standard home PC running Windows 10.
I was not sure - do issues raised here get read by IDoser tech support, or is this I-Doser Support forum just for user to user assistance, I was not sure if you work for the company or are another forum user trying to help out?

Thanks
michel333alfa
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by michel333alfa »

gongman99 wrote:thanks michel333alfa, but I have already tried uninstalling /reinstalling several times, the last time, with the virus scanner off, uninstalling , then rebooting the PC and installing again. Still no luck. As I said, it worked when I first bought it and for sometime after, so I do not understand why it has stopped running now. I can load doses, but cannot play them or export to MP3. What do you mean try running it in a virtual machine exactly? This is just a standard home PC running Windows 10.
I was not sure - do issues raised here get read by IDoser tech support, or is this I-Doser Support forum just for user to user assistance, I was not sure if you work for the company or are another forum user trying to help out?

Thanks
By virtual machine I mean VirtualBox app with windows installed on it.its like having a pc in a pc
gongman99
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by gongman99 »

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. In the end it was a stupid thing, but not something I would expect the idoser sw to error out on. I just tried running some new doses to ensure they were OK after extraction, but without headphones attached to the computer, as I just wanted to see them playing, without necessarily listening to them, and that was causing the error!
As soon as plugged in my headphones, the doses would play correctly!
So if anyone else gets this error, ensure your speaker or headphones on the computer are connected or working correctly.