Are they supposed to sound the same?

Get user supplied support
Bohemian
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Are they supposed to sound the same?

Post by Bohemian »

I downloaded the free ones, and they all sound the same. I've only listened to about a minute of each one. Is it supposed to be like this? There are a few pitch differences in some of them, but the rest of them sound exactly the same (by the way, I haven't tried it with headphones, I was just listening to them to see what they sounded like).
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Doses play a specific tone and frequency in each ear separately, which is why stereo headphones are required. The tones that are played are, admittedly, only subtly different between doses, but those subtle differences make ALL the difference. Listening to them on speakers, yeah, they'd probably sound pretty similar.
Kingjames88
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Kingjames88 »

"I've only listened to about a minute of each one"
although people may yell at me for telling you this...
(But I don't think they will)

the first ~5 min of a dose is the same for most, if not all of them.
I beleave it helps relax you and make you more suseptable to the beats.

beyond that, some are quite and relaxed sounding, and some fast with quick changes... some (inhalant) switch around without warnning.
basicly you have to listion to at least half the dose to notice a differnce between them.
Bohemian
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Bohemian »

Thanks for the replies! Are there any tips for making them work better (I've read most of the topics about this, but nothing works)? I've seemed to hear music while listening to some of them, but nothing else. What's the longest time it can take for it to work? Are there people who truly are immune to binaural beats, or are they just impatient? How can people originally be insusceptible to the beats?
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

I don't know if it's possible to be immune or not. I suspect, but this is just speculation, that some people's brains might process the sounds differently and thus I-Doser wouldn't work because they are meant to work with "normal" brains. It seems that most people that think they are immune end up having a dose work brilliantly out of the blue, but not everyone. Keep trying. What I did was listen to doses almost constantly for a week or two while doing things like homework and such, not expecting a result, but just to make my brain more used to them, and then BAM Vico worked wonders out of nowhere even though I was just listening while doing homework.
Kingjames88
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Kingjames88 »

"What's the longest time it can take for it to work?"
the length of the dose... or longer (I have herd of nothing happening til you get up)

"Are there people who truly are immune to binaural beats, or are they just impatient?"
some are actually immune to them... some aren't patient enough.

"How can people originally be insusceptible to the beats?"
something to do with their brain structure and the way they think.

from what I know anyways...

:D
Bohemian
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Bohemian »

Thanks for the help. :D Should I listen to the same dose over and over, or listen to different ones?
Kingjames88
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by Kingjames88 »

I would say to rotate doses...
listen to different ones and maybe cycle through a few.
I would not recomend listening to the same ones over and over because it can get boring and annoying.
:D