DXM

Discuss synthetic substances
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

really? so you wouldn't see colours and pink elephants during a acid dose?
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Some people see colors, I haven't ever. Pink elephants? Not on a reasonable dose. Once you approach the saturation dose, people start actually seeing things that aren't there, but even then not everybody. Acid is significantly less crazy than what most people think. On a reasonable dose, you probably won't see things that aren't there, nor are you likely to think you can fly and jump out a window. That's for most people, of course. A small number of people have a psychotic break from reality. That is exceptionally rare, but does happen. Acid can produce some very interesting visuals, but rarely on the order of pink elephants. The most common is things changing color and visual distortions such as walls breathing and/or swirling and/or melting. Acid is very difficult to describe lol.
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

Hum... Thats intersting... I always thought that breaks from reality were like, routine in trips... So, how good are these visuals anyway? Are they massive or just like that vid? And whats he diference between open eyed and closed eyes visuals?
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Complete breaks from reality are not routine at all except at high doses. Like I said, the visual effects from that video are slightly similar, but nowhere near as strong or varied.
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

similar or varied? That seems interesting... And i guess that there would besome sort of changes in emotion and euforia, thoseother types of effects...
but yeah, there is this oneguy which took acid that i know that, legend has it, back in the70s he took some acid and 'saw' the inside of a column andthat it was cracked up from the inside and when he punched it... Bam, the column really did break...
theres another story of a friend of my cousins that took acid one day, and didnt want his father to discover it, so he pretended he was a worm...
nowtell me, is this kinda reactions and 'visuals from the 70s' even possible?
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Those both sound like myths, although theres a lot of people who think psychedelics can awaken latent psychic abilities, or let you tap into the cosmos or whatever. As for pretending to be a worm...I don't know. It depends on the person, how much they took, and what was going through his head at the time.
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

well, that person's friends had taken him back to his apartment, cause they discovered that he was in acid ( they were in a night club before that) and the person didnt want his father to know that he was on acid, so he just went:
'maybe if i pretend that im a worm, my father wont see me...'
i can just imagine his fathers face when he sees his son all over the floor...
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Ahhh, trip logic. Good times :lol:
mikeadelic
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mikeadelic »

i hear ya on that one man
acid is so fucking hard to comeby where i live
its about 20 bucks a hit and half the time its fuckin dry :cry:
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

20 bucks a hit?! Wow. I'm sorry, man :(
contrast21
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by contrast21 »

SWIM has always wanted to try DXM. SWIM was planning on getting some sucretes and extracting the pure DXM powder from them.

Either that or getting tussin max. SWIM weighs around 140 so how much should SWIM take if SWIM wants to get some visuals?

Also all of SWIM's friends don't want to try it with me so SWIM was wondering if it's worth doing on your own or only fun in groups?

(Also wanted to know if taking nitrous oxide from a balloon is worth it or is it like an inhalent which kills brain cells?)
Last edited by contrast21 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

For you 900mg would be a *VERY* strong experience. If you've never tried it before, take small doses to start and work your way up. Nitrous is not like inhalants at all. Nitrous is worthwhile and fairly inexpensive if you order in bulk. It does not kill brain cells or cause damage. Heavy use can cause Vitamin B12 deficiency, so be aware of that.
contrast21
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by contrast21 »

Thanks for the advice. Glad to hear nitrous isn't dangerous it sounds like a fun drug to do for a low price. Especially glad to get some advice from the legendary Ness :D
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

I certainly wouldn't suggest you sit around doing nitrous all day every day. That wouldn't be good for you. Nitrous is worthwhile on it's own, but on many other drugs, it is heavenly. It mixes very well with most psychedelics. If you can, have some around when you try DXM. On psychedelics and dissociatives, a big hit or two of nitrous will send you into hyperspace for a good 30 seconds.
arcturus
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by arcturus »

contrast21 wrote:I've always wanted to try DXM. I was planning on getting some sucretes and extracting the pure DXM powder from them.

Either that or getting tussin max. I weigh around 140 so how much should I take if I want to get some visuals?

Also all of my friends don't want to try it with me so I was wondering if it's worth doing on your own or only fun in groups?

(Also wanted to know if taking nitrous oxide from a balloon is worth it or is it like an inhalent which kills brain cells?)
honestly i wouldn't try and do it by yourself, you could become paranoid. if you do syrup i would start out with maybe 300mg and you can up the dose the next time.

nitrous is really amazing, but you must allow yourself to breathe in oxygen as well so you don't kill brain cells.