Here's some methods to lucid dreaming..

Be aware in dreams
ChristopherE
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Here's some methods to lucid dreaming..

Post by ChristopherE »

It's good to make a habit of looking at the front side (palm-side) of your hands. When in dreams, hands are usually distorted and you'll then realize you're in a dream most of the time.

Another good thing is to have a little phrase to your thinking "this is a dream" before you go to bed perhaps.

Also trying to make out someone's face is a good method. Maybe studying a photograph? In dreams, faces are thoroughly distorted but this method can have NEGATIVE and SCARY results. Here's what happened to me:

I was looking at a photograph of me and my ex-girlfriend and I was just staring at it.. then I turned into her dad who raped her as a child then I turned into this huge monster-like demon thing. It was pretty messed up. I was frightened.

--

When lucid dreaming, you may experience SLEEP PARALYSIS. That means that you're frozen and you can't move, also known as a paralyzed state. You're so frightened of the object that you're immobile.

I also heard somewhere is that if you die in a lucid dream, your brain actually interprets you as actually dying and you actually do die.

--

Comment if you'd like.
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Sleep paralysis has nothing to do with fear. While you're asleep your brain releases DMT, a chemical which can be used as a psychedelic drug, but in this case is used by your brain to facilitate dreaming. It also releases another chemical (which I cannot remember the name of off the top of my head) which paralyzes you so that you don't act on whatever it is that you're dreaming. Basically, sleep paralysis is when you become semi or fully conscious while you're still dreaming. Essentially, you're paralyzed and tripping on DMT.
sharperguy
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Re: Here's some methods to lucid dreaming..

Post by sharperguy »

ChristopherE wrote: I also heard somewhere is that if you die in a lucid dream, your brain actually interprets you as actually dying and you actually do die.
This isn't The Matrix
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

Hahaha, ya. I know plenty of people who've died in dreams, and experienced "the afterlife" only to wake up a few minutes later. That's like saying "mentally" dying on a dmt trip will cause your body to shut down and kill itself.
DustinD123
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by DustinD123 »

sharperguy wrote:
ChristopherE wrote: I also heard somewhere is that if you die in a lucid dream, your brain actually interprets you as actually dying and you actually do die.
This isn't The Matrix

lmfao
SoooHxC
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by SoooHxC »

ChristopherE wrote:I turned into her dad who raped her as a child
so did you get it in?
-steinz
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by -steinz »

sharperguy wrote:I also heard somewhere is that if you die in a lucid dream, your brain actually interprets you as actually dying and you actually do die.
Yeah, if/when i get a lucid dream, i have stepped forward to test that theory. But if it is vividly lucid, ill try to realize that im just dreaming, so that my unconscious mind will believe that, to prevent actual death.
TannerTrav
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by TannerTrav »

i want to do this.. but i really dont want to fucking die.....
divinorum
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by divinorum »

You cant die from lucid dreaming and dreaming that your dead.
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

Your not gonna die in real life if you die in a dream...

You should have no reason to be scared of lucid dreaming.

And whoever said that dieing in a dream could lead to the body interpreting it as death and causing a heart attack (it was in a similar thread) or something that will kill you, HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT HE DIED IN A DREAM THEN? It's not like he had the heart attack, died, and then told them from beyond the grave that he had died in the dream. There's no proof that anyone died in a dream and then died in real life because there's no way to ask them if what they were dreaming about.
xxxMDKxxx
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by xxxMDKxxx »

I've died in my dreams a few times. And here I am typing on these forums.
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

Ya, some people can be really stupid...
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

i had heard that your brain can't interpret what comes after death, so you either don't die, or you wake up at the very instant that you do in LDs
Imagine Nation
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

re:Lucid Dreaming

Post by Imagine Nation »

Dreaming is a way of expressing things in one's sleep.
Tavc
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

its not the matrix

Post by Tavc »

it is true that you can die while sleeping, wether you think were talking about the matrix, its very real, alot of people dont know this, and it is dangerouse at times to practie lucid dreams, im just getting into it, but its not the first time ive heard of it, you should always know how to control your dreams while in this state