Here's some methods to lucid dreaming..

Be aware in dreams
cameraboirzu
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Re: its not the matrix

Post by cameraboirzu »

Tavc wrote:it is true that you can die while sleeping, wether you think were talking about the matrix, its very real, alot of people dont know this, and it is dangerouse at times to practie lucid dreams, im just getting into it, but its not the first time ive heard of it, you should always know how to control your dreams while in this state
No really. This is rediculous. I've died in my dreams man times, the only difference between a lucid dream and a regular dream is that your are aware, that's it. The only destinctions.

Your concsciousness realizes that your lucid dreaming, so you won't die because you die in your sleep; it knows your dreaming. People die in their sleep when they get frequent dreams that trigger horrific incidents that they could feel guilty or bad about, and the stress kills them. That's really rare in itself because even if you are stressed, that usually doesn't happen.

If you could die in your sleep because of a dream, we'd hear about suicidals killing themselves by trying to LD.
Tavc
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

hey

Post by Tavc »

i was just saying you could die in real life by dreaming, now i tried it for the first time last night and it was amazing, but i know where your comeing from bro :)
filipvk
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by filipvk »

If you can die in the dream you have to be careful because there somewhere is Freddy Krueger waiting for you.
crossedoffname17
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Here's some methods to lucid dreaming..

Post by crossedoffname17 »

ChristopherE wrote:I also heard somewhere is that if you die in a lucid dream, your brain actually interprets you as actually dying and you actually do die.
Not true, I've had a lot of lucid dreams before and I've died in quite a few of them.
kingbee
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by kingbee »

woah frigthten ?
hopesdead
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by hopesdead »

sharperguy wrote:
ChristopherE wrote: I also heard somewhere is that if you die in a lucid dream, your brain actually interprets you as actually dying and you actually do die.
This isn't The Matrix
Update that statement: This isn't Inception. Oh wait, did you say you actually die? That wouldn't be good ether way.
violetcrystal
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by violetcrystal »

i have lucid dreams all the time without the idose. they are fun and its not confusing you know you are dreamin g as its a lucid dream if it gets scary you can just change it or wake yourself up, its odd to hear you got confused when you were asleep, that never happened to me. :S
KIN
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by KIN »

You should also practice reality checks.

As in...

Leaning against a wall (In dreams, you can go through them)
Look at your hands (In dreams, your hands can have more/less fingers)
Poke the center palm of your hand (In dreams, you finger can actually go through)
Jump (In dreams, you can fly)

Not even joking. I've experienced it. I'll write a thread about it. :S
i-dope
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by i-dope »

sharperguy wrote:
ChristopherE wrote: I also heard somewhere is that if you die in a lucid dream, your brain actually interprets you as actually dying and you actually do die.
This isn't The Matrix
Guess you don't know but he's right. Your brain believes you really are dying and will shut down your bodies functions, thus the end result beng you die from a death in your dream. This is why you always wake up right before you die in non-lucid dreams. Your hetart sends an electrostatic shock to the brain in an attempt to wake the body up before the brain shuts down the body from a dream related death. In lucid dreams your heart.believes you are conscious abd thus makes no effort towards waking you up. Even itlf it did it would only wake the unconscious lucid you up.have a nice day. Anyone have any pot?