My dad and Weed

Discuss visionary plants
krispykreme
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

My dad and Weed

Post by krispykreme »

I was just talking to my dad about drugs, and asking him questions about some of the stuff I read on here. I tend to believe over stuff I read on the internet.

But the point of this thread is he ended the conversation with:
"If you're interested, I can get you some really high quality weed for you to smoke here at home."

And this isn't the first time he's offered.
krispykreme
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by krispykreme »

Finneus J. wrote:LOL -- wait; is this supposed to be funny? I would say to stay legal, but it's completely up to you. :D
Ya it's funny. IMO it's good parenting if you think about it. He'd rather me try it at home where he can monitor me and make sure I don't do anything retarded, while if I do it with friends or something I might do something really stupid.
N1c3
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by N1c3 »

Finneus J. wrote:heh, I suppose you're right. I'd have never thought of it that way. I'd say no, and ask for something more fun and legal, like salvia :D

It's not like weed is bad for you anyway -- it's the things you do under the influence that can be disastrous.
Not to mention that Salvia is much cooler!
I mean, last time I checked, you're not gonna get full scale hallucinations and enter other dimensions and fly through space or whatever on MJ, but you can on Salvia...
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

Weed doesn't affect your judgement, retarded kids do dumb stuff when high because they have the excuse that they're high...
Phoenixrising23
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Phoenixrising23 »

My mom's rationale was always, "I'd rather have you safe at home then behind the wheel of a car or with some dumbass"

It was a good call... man..

Marijuana definitely effects your judgement, don't disrespect it and think of it as "soft". IT's VERY psychoactive.. but moderation man.. Smoking with family is cool.. once the stigma of illegality is discussed and brushed aside.
viroblade
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by viroblade »

ive never been not in control while high on pot. i have never found myself to be in danger or making stupid judgements, I can think clearly and rationally on drugs like pot. id say go for it and dont worry about it.
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

Thats gross man, half that shit isnt even tobacco haha. Shoulda gotten some rustica or 100% additive-free tobacco.
viroblade
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by viroblade »

tobacco sucks anyways, i smoked for two years from 13-15 which is the age I am now, and i quit because i didnt ever make me feel that good and i realised how shitty it really is. ill stick to occasional weed/pills.
B0b
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by B0b »

You've already told us, if he does give you some you'll probably brag to your friends who may tell their parents who will tell child services. Here's some thoughts from a legal standpoint: giving you're (or any) minor marijuana is delinquency of a minor, child abuse and, or, endangerment. You could end up in foster care until the court case is decided, and possibly permanently if he's convicted.
I'd say any parent who gives drugs or alcohol to their kids are bad parents and are risking loosing custody for a real stupid reason.
ethan1134
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by ethan1134 »

That could be argued, depending on the age of the kid. not from a legal standpoint, you're fucked either way, but you know it the kid is at least 15 or so, and the parent has a good relationship with them and knows them well, they might be better off smoking pot with their dad then buyin some shit schwag off the street.
B0b
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by B0b »

Unless dad grows his own that chance is still there.
Actually to correct myself it is legal to give alcohol to your own child, even in public. Providing them with enough to become drunk may still be considered endangerment though.
Having children myself I do however sympathize with the dilemma. The right choice is to tell them just what you said about not trusting what you're getting. I also use the argument I got from an episode of South Park. Drugs make boring times seem cool and you become content with never doing anything new. Instead you should find a new thing to try instead, or you may just miss out on what would become you're life's passion, and that is a real shame.
SlappyDJ1
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by SlappyDJ1 »

Can I have your Dad?
N1-Mass_Murderer
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by N1-Mass_Murderer »

SlappyDJ1 wrote:Can I have your Dad?
lol :lol:
mrmeanie
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: My dad and Weed

Post by mrmeanie »

krispykreme wrote:I was just talking to my dad about drugs, and asking him questions about some of the stuff I read on here. I tend to believe over stuff I read on the internet.

But the point of this thread is he ended the conversation with:
"If you're interested, I can get you some really high quality weed for you to smoke here at home."

And this isn't the first time he's offered.
What an awesome Dad you have! I would take the opportunity to try it, you could even get some marijuana seeds and grow it - in the comfort of your own home. Like many have said, much safer trying it at home than in a park, in a car etc.

There is also virtually no risk of being caught at home. Its absolutely a no brainer if you want to try it.
TYZ
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by TYZ »

i has made my post