Reset Dose and Other Positive Feedback

Binaural brainwave dosing
davekazmdrummer
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Reset Dose and Other Positive Feedback

Post by davekazmdrummer »

I was wondering exactly what the reset dose dose besides return your brain to normal functioning. Can it be used to other purposes?

I've been extremely fascinated by your product and doing allot of reading. It seems we naturally shift psychological states multiple times a day either in response to stimulus or by being mentally tired or because of ultradian/circadian rhythms. I read somewhere that a 5-15 minute dose of theta "resets" the potassium levels in your brain cells which should cure mental fatigue, does the reset "reset" these levels?

With I-Doser you can choose what mental state to be in rather than have environmental stimuli or other things influence your mood and mental state. I'm digging the recreational drug thing, but I am also extremely interested in the practical everyday uses of I-Doser to control your emotions and mental states as you see fit. For example, I'm a student composer and through out the day I have to shift the type of mental focus I use multiple times. Practicing piano or Drumkit requires a different kind of thinking than being creative and composing, which is altogether different from when I'm doing my logical counterpoint or theory homework. I often find it difficult to do those different tasks when I'm stuck in the previous mental state and just can't get creative....or...say I'm in the creative state and I manage to focus and compose for 12 hours in a row...then I want to go out and socialize...

I'm a very outgoing and social person, but after being in creative mode for so long I feel quiet and shy and very introverted. It's so hard to have fun with friends when I'm in that mode and I usually just drink as many beers as fast as I can to shake it off. I realized how much I use alcohol to self-medicate my mental state and it doesn't always work either...alcohol causes all kinds of other problems too besides loosening you up, impaired judgment, loss of inhibitions...not that that's a problem when you're trying to be drunk...but if you're just trying to turn on the social mode that's not always appropriate.

So far I have tried a few of the recreational drugs and enjoyed my experience much, however the Inspire totally blew me away. I'm no stranger to how it makes me feel, however "the muse" doesn't always show up when you sit down to write...but with Inspire it shows up every time exactly when you want it to...It takes the guessing out of the creative process which ultimately leads to stress, "Am I going to be able to be creative when I sit down to write? Who knows?" In a way I can be sure with the Inspire dose because no matter what I was doing before I can shift my mind into that Davinci-esq state of flow where ideas just pour out.

So I guess what I'm asking is, in addition to the doses made for recreational purposes you guys should create or effectively label existing doses that help people switch states in normal life situations as opposed to partying. I.E Help you do things in your life without messing you up so you can't be normal.

Inspire is for being creative
X is for being outgoing and social
Beta is for logical thinking
Sleeping Angel is for Sleeping
Calm Me is for De-Stressing
Etc... Feel free to add

You guys are on the cutting edge, most binaural beat patterns I can see are created just for chilling out. I know allot of people are stressed out but it's obvious by the work you're doing they can do so much more.

I'm also very interested to see people experimenting with binaural beats to increase intelligence, increase the bandwidth across the corpus collosum, rejuevenate internal organs and heal the body, get more effective regenerative sleep.

The positive thing about I-Doser is the community and the quality control for your products. I saw other brain wave generator programs out there that let you create your own or use others, but I really don't have time to go experimenting with my brain in such ways...It's comforting to know that allot of testing and research has gone into all of your patterns. Keep it up...put some everyday state changing patterns out!

:)

-Dave
Love
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Love »

yup
firerebel
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by firerebel »

Love wrote:yup
:P Interesting comment..

I feel !RAVE! is great for like maybe going to a wild party.
Solyst
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Solyst »

In response to your question about what reset does, it sets your brain back to 8hz, the "normal" brainwaves. Its not so much to reset potassium or cure mental fatigue, its just to get rid of the previous doses effects.
davekazmdrummer wrote:Etc... Feel free to add
I would really enjoy a dose made specifically to cure social anxiety, also referred to as a constant shyness.
giveaname
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by giveaname »

like for the kinda people that can't get any freinds? I don't think that would be a possible dose to make...
Solyst
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Solyst »

There's a big difference. Social anxiety is when the fear of embarrassment is too overwhelming, and causes people to become anti-social. What I'm asking for is something similar to calmme, which cures anxiety in general, just much stronger.
paprika-killer
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by paprika-killer »

Solyst wrote:In response to your question about what reset does, it sets your brain back to 8hz, the "normal" brainwaves. Its not so much to reset potassium or cure mental fatigue, its just to get rid of the previous doses effects.
I would really enjoy a dose made specifically to cure social anxiety, also referred to as a constant shyness.
yes, that would be very usefull. also is there already a dose to increase your concentration?
Whom
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Whom »

paprika-killer wrote:
Solyst wrote:In response to your question about what reset does, it sets your brain back to 8hz, the "normal" brainwaves. Its not so much to reset potassium or cure mental fatigue, its just to get rid of the previous doses effects.
yes, that would be very usefull. also is there already a dose to increase your concentration?
Beta
idoser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by idoser »

Confidence to cure social anxiety.
whatpants
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by whatpants »

I really like the Inspire dose. As someone who draws, sings, writes and does all types of creative-esque things, I too understand how hard it is when you want to do something but you just can't seem to get into the right frame of mind.

I'm fairly new to i-doser, but I've used Inspire twice now, and each time I've come up with things to write and to draw-- which is very refreshing for me, as I've been in a mind numbing creative block for a good year or so.

I-doser has really helped me out. I bet it would help me a lot during college when I go back, too. :)