Side Effects

Binaural brainwave dosing
kirby's pooh
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Side Effects

Post by kirby's pooh »

Are there any side effects to binaural brainwaves? I'm a little skeptical when it comes to listening to strange frequencies that are supposed to alter my brainwaves.

I'm wondering if there's been any research into the effects of listening to binaural frequencies. I'm not really interested in research by I-Dosor Labs, since whatever they say is instantly called into question since they're trying to market this stuff. What I really want is credible independent scientific reports that show conclusively the short and long term effects of binaural brainwaves.
Variable
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Variable »

Done a little reading up on this after i experienced a possible side effect. In short, brainwaves arn't normally altered by external stimulii to an extent that should change your perception in any way. Brainwaves only really change from a person being conscious and unconscious normally. Brainwaves also may change from the use of drugs inhibiting nerve impulses.

So yeh id guess there would be some short term side effects. Can't see any long term side effects unless i guess you listened to this stuff on a very regular basis.
I had only 2 hours sleep last night possibly due to listening to a few i-doser sounds or just coincidence, i don't know but it makes sense considering brain waves only normally change from the mind being awake and asleep. I-doser sounds may have been responsible for altering my sleep pattern due to my brainwaves changing slighty? I experienced nothing out the ordinary apart from being slightly disorientated.

But its very interesting to think how i-doser does effect functions of the brain. Results may be beneficial as well as negative. Possibly addiction to some sounds may be developed as the brain gets used to the changed brainwaves. Thinking about it if the brainwaves were changed to a specific level for a long enough time, they may not change back to normal naturally. It boggles the mind! What next after that? telekinesis, telepathy?

think binaural brainwave technology needs looking into a lot more by more people.
crazypplinflames
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by crazypplinflames »

I've been thinking the same way. I only wish that their was more information on the health concerns about this because I don't want to mess around with this stuff if its going to change me in any way. I read the faq and it said nothing about what will happen to you as in addiction or brain problems. I don't really care if that haven't had any problems yet. I just want some more precise information, you know.
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

stop worrying, just enjoy it while its legal
Symbiot
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Symbiot »

I was worried, but I have to admit... what I'm getting out of this outways my worry....
I also have wondered what side effects could happen.
I'm wondering if prolonged exposure to binaural sounds could make your brain rely on external sources (like binaural sounds) to achieve certain brainwaves, making it unable to achieve certain states without listening to these sounds.
Other than that I've been trying to find negative findings, but I can't think of much else it would do... but who knows.
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

I don't understand why people have so many qualms about things designed to make you feel good, be it chemicals or sounds. That Advil you take for your headache? It increases your risk for stomach bleeds. That beer you like to drink? Long-term alcohol use, not even heavy use, can damage dopamine levels in your body permanently or semi-permanently. All kinds of things "change" you and your brainwaves are altered by every sight, sound, touch, smell, taste, and thought you experience, all I-Doser does is guide them to certain patterns. If there ARE health risks in the long-term, they would be VERY long-term and cetainly less damaging than some of the things you're legally allowed to ingest. Quit worrying so much.
tejas9999
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by tejas9999 »

Ness wrote:I don't understand why people have so many qualms about things designed to make you feel good, be it chemicals or sounds. That Advil you take for your headache? It increases your risk for stomach bleeds. That beer you like to drink? Long-term alcohol use, not even heavy use, can damage dopamine levels in your body permanently or semi-permanently. All kinds of things "change" you and your brainwaves are altered by every sight, sound, touch, smell, taste, and thought you experience, all I-Doser does is guide them to certain patterns. If there ARE health risks in the long-term, they would be VERY long-term and cetainly less damaging than some of the things you're legally allowed to ingest. Quit worrying so much.
Well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Enthralled
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Enthralled »

tejas9999 wrote:
Ness wrote:I don't understand why people have so many qualms about things designed to make you feel good, be it chemicals or sounds. That Advil you take for your headache? It increases your risk for stomach bleeds. That beer you like to drink? Long-term alcohol use, not even heavy use, can damage dopamine levels in your body permanently or semi-permanently. All kinds of things "change" you and your brainwaves are altered by every sight, sound, touch, smell, taste, and thought you experience, all I-Doser does is guide them to certain patterns. If there ARE health risks in the long-term, they would be VERY long-term and cetainly less damaging than some of the things you're legally allowed to ingest. Quit worrying so much.
Well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
i agree with both of you. Ness really stated what i really wanted to say so yeah, quit worrying.
mangakid_19
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Side Effects...Yeah.

Post by mangakid_19 »

I have used one of these and have had problems. Heres what happened:
I have used the Chakra dose, then I accidentally fell asleep after the first few minutes. Then I woke up and without thinking, I played it again because I didn't feel any different. I had sleeping problems for the first few days. Then I started to feel bad.

I felt something, it felt like sadness with a feeling of bad things to come. The feelings didn't start until after a few days. But three or so days after I did the double dose, I drank three 2-liter bottles of Vault (in a week) and I could tell that I had caffiene intoxication, which I have had more caffiene than that and felt fine before. But, I have had a great immune system until I listened to this. I have also been more sensitive to Electromagnetic radiation since. Now, I'm sick with something for the past two days, and I'm afraid at this rate, my body may just die off one day from being too weak. :(

I have researched binaurals, and they are harmless, unless certain frequencies were used. These can lead to a spiritual fall or to other terrible side effects. I would like to know what has happened to me and if there is a dose or other medicine to fix it. If there is please tell me about how to obtain it, or how long to wait. If I am in trouble, please let me know ASAP. If I can't get help, I may become so depressed that my body will be so weak anyway. :cry:

I will try 'rune magic' first to help this. If that doesn't work, then I will try any suggestions. But if that doesn't work, I don't know what I will do. Please, oh, please help me!!!
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

Riiiiight. Maybe it might be possible for brainwave sync to fuck you up like that, but it it is, I-Doser certainly isn't advanced enough to do it.
mangakid_19
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mangakid_19 »

Audacity is enough for that. Actually, if you use it right, the Audio Recorder in the Accessories Tab is enough. It could've been possible.
oscar
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by oscar »

mangakid_19 wrote:Audacity is enough for that. Actually, if you use it right, the Audio Recorder in the Accessories Tab is enough. It could've been possible.
Sorry if this is gravedigging but how is Audacity harmfull.
I use it in my school so i doubt it is...
oscar
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by oscar »

mangakid_19 wrote:Audacity is enough for that. Actually, if you use it right, the Audio Recorder in the Accessories Tab is enough. It could've been possible.
Sorry if this is gravedigging but how is Audacity harmfull.
I use it in my school so i doubt it is...
Oh and i think I-Doser will soon bring out a dose that will fuck everyone up
Hand of God is tried by few people comparing to the mayority wich try out other doses. Soon those few people will try a dose powerfull enough to screw them.
mangakid_19
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by mangakid_19 »

By chance are you from Latrobe school district? But yes, if you make a frequency and set it to the left and make another to the right, it makes a binaural. If made in the wrong range, it could harm you.

Those people that take the Hand of God dose are risking their lives. They try to show that they aren't affected by that in a bad way. If I am wrong, please tell me. Don't start yelling and complaining.
Ness
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Ness »

You're wrong because binaural entrainment barely works anyway and only under ideal conditions. Any little thing can throw it off. Nobody here is risking their lives.