Vista COMDLG32.OCX problem

Get user supplied support
RamzaDragoon
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Vista COMDLG32.OCX problem

Post by RamzaDragoon »

I'm running the command prompt using administrator privileges, and I tried registering something else using regsvr32, and it worked, giving me a proper message of affirmation. However, when I type regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\COMDLG32.OCX in the command prompt, I get the error, "The module "C:\Windows\System32\COMDLG32.OCX" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found.

however, I am sure I have the COMDLG32.OCX file in the system32 folder. I am using vista 64 bit, could that be the problem?
Thanks for the help

Edit: perhaps it's possible that I downloaded the comdlg file incorrectly? I used firefox, right clicked on the link to the file and hit "save link as", then added .OCX to the name and saved it to the desktop. Perhaps its registering as a "firefox document" instead? how could I save it differently? It seems to be saving as "COMDLG32.OCX.htm", and I can't save it as anything else
nutritionsh
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by nutritionsh »

I've got the exact problem:[
nutritionsh
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by nutritionsh »

alright dude just found it
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/su ... MDLG32.OCX

On step 1 it says Download COMDLG32.OCX

right click that text(should be blue and clicky) and hit save page as

now it should be COMDLG32
add a .ocx on it, and on the drop down menu dont hit firefox document click all files

:]]
tupini07
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by tupini07 »

you may also want to add it using cmd in admin mode (I had the same exact problem and this solution worked for me)

to do this only right click the "comand prompt" and click "run as administrator" then the only thing you have to do is paste or write the direction in wich the COMDLG32.OCX is.... in other wrds paste the "COMDLG32.OCX" direction...

hope it will be useful 8)
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

also

Post by 666 »

also disable that gay ass UAC shit it fucks up vista badly even tho vista is the worlds most worst os system ever created but the UAC just fucks it up even more
simmi11
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Vista COMDLG32.OCX problem

Post by simmi11 »

Where the issue is originated due to system corrupted you can download https://unfitpc.com/comdlg32-ocx if you are struggling this COMDLG32.ocx the method will help you .
fordj36
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re:

Post by fordj36 »

tupini07 wrote:you may also want to add it using cmd in admin mode (I had the same exact problem and this solution worked for me)

to do this only right click the "comand prompt" and click "run as administrator" then the only thing you have to do is paste or write the direction in wich the COMDLG32.OCX is.... in other wrds paste the "COMDLG32.OCX" direction...

hope it will be useful 8)
Well, I tried that, and it said that comctl32.ocx was missing now. :P But I downloaded that and activated it and it's all working good now!
Regards, Jerry