Why some people are immune to binaural beats

Binaural brainwave dosing
Tallbrain123
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Why some people are immune to binaural beats

Post by Tallbrain123 »

So, just a quick question, that's still on-topic:

When you turn on the "stm" button (talking about the iPhone app), are you supposed to hear a single tone, or two tones alternating very fast?

I ask because I've heard that these things work by playing two different tones in each ear, and allegedly, you're only supposed to hear the difference between them.

Peculiarly enough, I recently tried a "theta" pure dose with this in mind, and I was able to concentrate until I heard a single tone, right between the two alternating tones.

Maybe this is just me being... :retard: , but I just want to have an answer, and this isn't something I think google will tell me in a short amount of time.
Xemefra
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Xemefra »

Its more about whether a person is taking it seriously or not. If a person is relaxed and puts their headphones on, and focus on the beats they will work (To an extent, you can't get high or drunk, but you can fall asleep, and you can relax). If a person is fidgety and moving around nothing will happen.
sonnelion
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by sonnelion »

i listen to the cd versions, some do not affect me as much if at all, and some work great. i guess it all depends on your focus as well, i have ADD issues and on days i dont take medication the effects are different.
Ala
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Ala »

I've been listening to it for 4 days now, I want it to work but it doesnt, I've been trying several tracks everyday, I got my room really dark, I lay down and get really comfy, I'm using iphone 6 with Apple's head phones, and it just doesnt work at all, nothing, I really want it to work, do know what do I miss in here....I play each track one time (~15 mins) should I play it more than one time? when should I start having the feeling? how long the feeling would last??. when you guys say focus on the tone, what tone I need to put my focus on, is it the base beat or the additional sounds that are different with each track?.

Thank you
STFilmmaker
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by STFilmmaker »

Ok explain this, you're sitting back, you're relaxing. Doesn't matter if you're using this or some other form of brainwave entrainment. You followed all the steps, you believe this stuff has worked, the one and only time the stuff does work happens to be a lucky accident. Yet attempts to make it work again fail. EVERY. SINGLE.TIME.EVER.SINCE. What then?