Fear of SP

Be aware in dreams
Monkeydude
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Fear of SP

Post by Monkeydude »

I have been very interested in LD'ing for a long time now, but i have only tried it on random occations. I wan't to learn how to do it on purpose, but i fear for the sleep paralysis. I've read so many bad things about it, and i really don't wan't to try it myself...

Is there any way to prevent this?
shiko-himura
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Re: Fear of SP

Post by shiko-himura »

I'm bumping this thread. I wanna know too.
Jan de stink
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Jan de stink »

I have the same thing. I wanted to get in to lucid dreaming, but after reading some stories about sleep paralysis, I doubt whether I still want to.
doseoflaughter
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by doseoflaughter »

I have never read any horror stories of sleep paralysis. Yes, it can be a scary experience for beginners, but it will not harm you. You won't get paralyzed for life and you certainly won't die. You only have to remain calm.
frank530
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

LOVE

Post by frank530 »

HAO GOOD
Dakta
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Dakta »

Sleep Paralysis isn't going to hurt you. it might freak you out a bit, but it's not dangerous as far as I am aware.

Stop hemming and hawing and take a nap!
sharperguy
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by sharperguy »

I've never had sleep paralysis though lucid dreaming.

I have had it before though. Mostly when I drift off during the afternoon with the light on. I wake up and I swear there's somebody at the end of the bed but I can't move to look. Either that or somebody is on top of me trying to kill me. Scary as hell. Although one time it was funny because I realised what was happening quite quickly even though I could still see a cat in front of me (half hallucination/half misinterpretation of what I was actually seeing).
Silent Specter
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Silent Specter »

Plain and simple. The first time you actually encounter sleep paralysis it WILL scare you. I have had friends who swear that they were possessed after a dream only to find out months later that it was just SP. It's VERY scary until you realize that no real harm can come from it, once you figure it out, it becomes more of an annoyance than anything else. And as with everything else it gets eadier and easier the more times you encounter it. My advice, try it. Not just once but a couple of times. Then make your final decision, and trust me, the lucids are waaaay worth the risk of SP. Hope it helps.
gregohks
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by gregohks »

what i like most in lucid is the paralyssis part once you enter the dream and once you exit it.It scared my shit out the very first time i experienced it ,but now whenever sp occur i enjoy it :D
oPUMAz
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by oPUMAz »

I'm gonna b the stupid one to say this what is sp and how do u go into a ld?
Thanks
DevilishWolf
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by DevilishWolf »

In all the time I have been practicing Lucid Dreaming, I have never once encountered Sleep Paralysis. It shouldn't be something for you to worry about, because achieving something as amazing as Lucid Dreaming would undoubtedly be worth going through something like Sleep Paralysis.
oPUMAz
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by oPUMAz »

well what r the steps to a ld
Ordinator
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Ordinator »

I think i experienced SP once, although i wasn't even planing to have LD. I was reading on LD, and it says you should constantly do reality checks during the day, so once you're dreaming, the habit of doing RCs will do its job so you'll remember to do RC in dream, so you'll realize you're dreaming and you'll be aware that you are dreaming. But i wasn't even doing RCs, and couple of days later i had false awakening, i was laying in my bad with my eyes open, thinking that i'm awake but actually i was dreaming. I remembered to do RC, so i decided to pinch my left hand with my right hand. When i tried to pinch it, something like electricity went through upper part of my body. It was like my left hand was connected to power source, and everytime i touch it, i get shocked. I got scared (irationally) so i tried to wake up, but i was paralyzed, all i could do was to pinch myself, which means getting shocked again lol. So i decided just to lay calmly and do nothing. I awaked for real after a while.

Was that a sleep paralysis?
cabochon
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by cabochon »

I'm new to i-doser. I want to be able to lucid dream. I'm pretty confident that it'll work, I can recall most my dreams, I had false awakenings and sleep paralysis. One night I tried this LD i-doser, and I could tell it was 'working'; after a while I felt kinda numb, like my body is really light and about to float. It creeped me out because I fear I was gonna do astral projection, which I don't want...but I thought there's a thin line between LD and astral, I thought I might get it on the way...so I turned off the ipod... I wasn't sleepy that night, so after that I didnt sleep until the morning..

well, my question is, how do i avoid nightmare and nightmarish SP? i hate SP cos I had it once, and it was super creepy and since then i had numerous SP. the other ones weren't as scary as the first, but I still hate it...
Is there a way to avoid SP and nightmares and astral projecting? like maybe you think about happy things before going to bed? oh, and will i-doser work if the lights are on? maybe if i keep the on I wont get nightmares (I'm a wimp, I know)
jont96
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by jont96 »

Can someone explain what sp is? :retard: