Space travel

When the mind leaves body
doseoflaughter
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Space travel

Post by doseoflaughter »

One of the big reasons many people want to astral project is because it facilitates space travel. I dunno how many have been actually successful in visiting distant planets; but if they do, don't you think it will make the task of astronomers easier?

http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/moon.html
LeeviON
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Hmmm...

Post by LeeviON »

I don't think it would do the work of astronomers easier, after all it is only inside their mind which means that if someone thinks that the surface of Mars is blue (for example), they see the surface of Mars as it would be blue in astral projection.
spitfire1080
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

yes and no,

Post by spitfire1080 »

well, it might, but then it might not, it might giving that one may actually leave their body and be able to see distant planets, however, it also might not be, as LeeviON stated, it may all be in our minds (or might be influenced by them), making the information invalid, so you see there are both for and against arguments on the subject, but whatever the factor of the outcome, its something to do,
Malpracticed
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: Space travel

Post by Malpracticed »

The term Astral Projection is a blanket concept that includes something called Remote Viewing. Remote Viewing was invested in by the CIA for many years under something called the Stargate Project, which was run out of Standford Research Institute. The "viewers" that worked there gave many startlingly accurate descriptions of places they had never been.
I believe it is entirely possible for the human consciousness to leave the body and explore the cosmos. We can also aid the global search for extra terrestrial life. Many of those most familiar with remote viewing will know that this can be done over the fabric of space-time. This means that you can view events across both space and time. We can use the collective input of hundreds or even thousands of people's projections speculating on the location where SETI should point their satellites. Keep in mind that any civilizations we could find with SETI would likely be long gone by now. It would be critical to find these civilizations since they would be the ONLY ones we could detect. Your projection may find life that we cannot yet detect.
Granted many people's projections will be creations of their own mind, but some won't. I'm betting hidden in the projected experiences of many we will find the answers we seek.