I'm just curious

Discuss real (not digital) drugs
Frankoman
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

I'm just curious

Post by Frankoman »

Hi,

I'm just curious, and not trying to be offensive in any way, why some of you guys started doing particular drugs in the first place?

Personally, I've never done any drugs, nor am I interested in trying, but I'm just curious why you guys did/do.
powerade
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by powerade »

my friends got me into weed, not like i was forced though. Basically, if there is a reason not to smoke weed like if you have a job, regular drug tests, or go to a strict college, then dont. But if you dont have any of those things, I say why the fuck not, relax and smoke a blunt.
CarlyJasmine
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by CarlyJasmine »

thanks for sharing
StealthTheUnknown
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Re: I'm just curious

Post by StealthTheUnknown »

morgan123 wrote:Hi Everyone!!
Drugs are not good for our health. It Kills brain cells,create anxiety,stress. Its waste of money and if you have family it will worry them.You loose friends,family,relations and die quickly..So, everyone should keep away from it and live a happy life.
While I might argue that you do present some valid points, I do find some of the above statements to reflecl falsified information stemming either from pseudo-scientific studies of narcotics or media propaganda to frighten people about them. I will list your statements and elaborate on the information I possess regarding them.

1. Drugs are bad for your health

This statement is a paradox in nature. The valid side of this argument is that there are drugs that tax the health of the user, a good example being heroine. Prolonged heroine use may result in lung damage directly from the effects of the drug. Indirect effects may include deep scratches or cuts, or possibly fatal blood loss as a result. I have noticed that a lot of health problems associated with drug use are a result of actions taken while influenced by the said drug. However, some controlled substances actually may present benefits to health. Cannabis contains the drug delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, which activates the cannabinoid receptors in the brain. These receptors, when activated, trigger neural functions that establish neural connections, as well as relax the mind to allow itself to recuperate from hyperactive logic-processing, all while keeping the mind alert.

2. Drugs kill brain cells

Again, this could be a double-edged sword. Drugs such as ethanol, as well as many volatile substances, do kill brain cells. Cannabinoids (THC derivatives) and some psychedelics can actually trigger neural growth in the right doses.

3. Drugs cause anxiety

This is very true, though much of the anxiety is derived from fear of consequences from abuse of the said drug.

4. Drugs cause stress

Any kind of stimulus that is foreign to the body will cause stress. But one thing to remember is there are two kinds of stress: distress, and eustress, the latter being less often referred to. Distress is negative reaction to stimulus, whereas eustress is positive. Drugs can induce one or the other. Most of the distress is caused by fear of consequence, similar to the anxiety discussed above.

5. Drugs are a waste of money

In the sense that they aren't very beneficial, yes. In the sense of recreational use or contribution to spiritual practice, this statement would be false.

6. Family will worry

This is usually true, and is an indication that your family cares.

7. You will lose friends, family, and your relations

This statement depends on the kind of friends you have. If your family really cares, you would not lose them. The same could be stated for relations.

8. You will die quickly

It depends on which drug you use, how long you use it, and what you do when influenced. There are people that grow old with cannabis, and people who die trying cocaine.

I hope this explanation clarifies a thing or two.thank you!