Location Restriction?

Be aware in dreams
bitz139
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Location Restriction?

Post by bitz139 »

Ok, so the first time I did Lucid Dream, I only took 20 minutes of it because I was too tired and had to stop it.

Falling asleep: I laid down, closed eyes and saw 4 spinning purple circles in my eyelids. I could feel my body slowly shutting down but my mind was wide awake. I was thoroughly amazed by this. My body kept becoming more numb and then... SNAP! It felt like someone took a giant meat clever and chopped it across my back. I felt my mind separate from my body and I felt as if I was being lifted up out of my body and everything was spinning. then the dream started.

The Dream: My destination in mind was my school because I thought it'd be cool to run around there at night, but found myself in my local Wal-Mart and couldn't leave for some reason. after half the dream everything went pitch black and I couldn't remember any of it (probably cuz i only did 20 minutes)

anyone have any suggestions about the area restriction?
Bloodbane424
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by Bloodbane424 »

At first, controlling dreams can be a bit difficult. You need a lot of focus on what you want to do to make it happen. I guess you could say it takes a lot of will power. You can think thoughts such as "I am flying" to help you to do things (in this case flying).

I don't remember all of them, but there are things you can do to make your dream more lucid, which will make it easier to control. They also help if you feel like you're going to wake up. I remember one of them is look at a digital clock in your dream, then look away, then look back at the clock. The numbers should change if you're dreaming. Another one is look in a mirror. The reflection should be a really distorted version of your face. I've never tried this though, so I don't know what it looks like. Techniques like these (there are a lot more of them) should basically remind you that you're dreaming and make everything more lucid.
bitz139
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by bitz139 »

thanks, i'll try it again tonight. last night was actually able to go lucid without using the dose for it, which surprised me, but my recall is horrible so i didnt remember any of it :/
Silent Specter
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Silent Specter »

I totally agree with what bloodbane said. It takes a lot of practice to get the results that you have already gotten, so props! I am new to this whole dosing thing but I have been LDing for quite some time.l so I hope I can be of some assistance. Keeping a dream journal has been (for me) the biggest help in both becoming lucid and recalling dreams. Keep it bear your bed and as soon as you wake up, write eevery single thing that you remember from that dream. Then later you can go back and look to see which "reality check" (digital clock, mirror, hands) tipped your unconcious self into becoming concious. Then try to get into the habit of doing those things in every day life. Once they become routine in reality they will become routine in your dreams as well. So basically, keep a dream journal and keep practicing. Your going MUCH faster than I did when I was first starting. Good luck