Nicotine

Request new doses
TheMoonlightSeedling
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Nicotine

Post by TheMoonlightSeedling »

Hi there! I have an idea that would be freaking killer.

I would like a quick dose (5-10 min) that simulates the satisfaction of smoking a cigarette. I'm thinking about 5 minutes would be nice, since that's about the time it takes to smoke a cigarette (if you're not huffing it down).

I'm not talking about the Content dose, but a specific dose that mimics the effects of nicotine on the brain. Nicotine is both a stimulant and relaxant at the same time, and occasionally produces a "high" feeling.

This would be most helpful to people who are trying to quit smoking (like myself), and would also be very helpful in situations where one cannot smoke (i.e., while travelling in an airplane, bus, etc.; when visiting family/friends who don't appreciate you smoking; on a lunch break at work when you don't want to come back reeking of cigarette smoke).

Truthfully, the main application of this would most likely be to help people quit smoking. I know there are some people who have success with quitting cold turkey; unfortunately for some of us, the stresses/irritants in our daily life are so overwhelming while going through withdrawals that we end up falling off the wagon. This dose could be used to get the feeling of satisfaction obtained by smoking a cigarette while purging our systems of the toxins and getting rid of the oral fixation.

This would also be useful for the type of people who quit smoking or never smoked regularly, who like to have that one smoke every once in a great while, without the negative physical effects of smoking tobacco.

Here's a wiki for your researching pleasure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

Thanks for your consideration! I hope to see this dose in the future!
Thepaperbag
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by Thepaperbag »

I'm pretty sure they have a quit smoking dose. It simulates the effects of nicotine. But your right it's a little long and if it were 5 or 10 minutes that would be great. So I'm thinking they should make the quit smoking dose they already have, a quick hit.
mymindisnotforrent
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Post by mymindisnotforrent »

Idoser already has a Nicotine dose. You can buy it here: http://i-doser.com/storev3/index.php?ma ... cts_id=254.

Good luck on trying to quit smoking. (:
kenta7795
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by kenta7795 »

I don't think ANY of these doses can help you quit a drug.
The body needs what the body needs.

And nicotine stimulates the brain reward system, and I'm 99% sure i-doser can't do that.