Music that Influences your state of mind?

Any science related discussion
Kre8tiv
Level 1 (10-19)
Level 1 (10-19)

Re: Music that Influences your state of mind?

Post by Kre8tiv »

Ever since i was a kid, I have enjoyed listening to all kinds of music. It is an understatement that it can affect one's mood, rhythm, and their level of anxiety, excitement, or calm. One of the ways music affects us in a big way (not talked about yet) is through "association", and consciously or subconsciously involves what songs or styles of music you have heard all your life when you were going thru something, having certain feelings, or in a certain mood. This also involves "remembrance", where we are actively aware of the association, ...like a song that reminds you of a period in time in your past, in a situation, or a specific person, and the feelings you had then (and in turn) have now. ....now let's take this up a notch!

I believe music is very powerful. Some would say "spiritual". I would use that term too, but I prefer to think of it as just powerful, ....in that it directly affects the mind and brain function. Why is it so powerful? Aside from basic association and remembrance, Music's greatest achievement is that it has the ability to take someone and transport them (in thought, or even deeper) to another place and/or another time, .....and that can also be fictional or fantasy. I have closed my eyes and experienced this countless times until it was "more" than just thought or feeling, more like a dream. Certain music is actually composed, written, and extremely well produced just for this very purpose, for the sole purpose of doing this.

That's why movies, commercials, radio, etc. all utilize background music in some form or other, because they already know about the power of music.

I believe the music plays a big part in your state of mind. ....and this is why I like to listen to certain music at low level along with the i-doser dose. I like to use the MP3 mix feature on i-doser pc premium to do this.
Randalllsak
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Music that Influences your state of mind

Post by Randalllsak »

Can someone please explain this bit: Electrons are positively charged... I was under the impression that electrons carry a negative charge. Does something change when a great force is issued on them?
olCharles92
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Music that Influences your state of mind

Post by olCharles92 »

Hnn... I think I get it. So, they only have charges when the opposite force is acted upon them and they react?