Skull Candys Suck

Discuss anything, lightly moderated
885RIOT
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Skull Candys Suck

Post by 885RIOT »

Today i went to the mall to get some headphones. I was mainly focusing on getting skull candys. I got to HMV and purchased my headphones, i sat down in the food court and tested them with Skrillex. They Sucked. I could buy better headphones from Toys R Us for fuck sake! So i went back to HMV to return them. They could only be returned if un-opened. So, naturally, i got into a yelling match with the manager. I won. He gave me my money back and 5 extra dollars. I used this to buy a pair of wickeds, because wicked is the best brand of headphone they make.
randomdude93
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Re: Skull Candys Suck

Post by randomdude93 »

I personally never had a pair of skull-candy headphones but have heard some of my friends say bad things regarding their quality, cool thing about getting your money back and then some though!
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by SadLittlePony »

The whole purpose of skull candy is their mission to deliver as much quality as they can for a cheap price and still look good. Chances are you thought they sucked because you listened to skrillex which is bullshit music. Listen to something that demands true sound like some Hammerfall or Dio.
Jessika
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Jessika »

Haha, I have to admit I was a little into Skrillex for awhile.. too overhyped now, and after awhile his music just grated on my ears. :lol:

I listen to music a lot, so I think I generally know what kind of headphones are good.. atleast to me. I'm into the earbuds that go directly into your ears. Used to have big chunky headphones, though. Wish I had them now for Dosing.

I didn't have a very bad experience when I used Skullcandy headphones. They broke pretty quickly, though. Usually I can make a pair of headphones last a good year or two.. Skullcandy headphones broke after a month or two when I bought them. I didn't particularly think the sound quality was very bad, though. :smirk:

I have some headphones now that aren't the ones that go directly in, but they're earbuds. I have no idea what the brand name is or anything. They kind of just showed up in my house, but I absolutely adore them. :p

Moral of the story: Pretty boxes and brand names aren't always the way to go! :nod:
Nmaster
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Post by Nmaster »

I personally LOVE my Skull Candies. I have the Hesh ones. They were on sale, so I got a good deal. You either got the bad ones that are 20 bucks or got defective ones. I don't know, but Skull Candy has always been a great company in my opinion.
SKRILLEX ALL THE WAY!!!
Backspacez
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Backspacez »

Skull Candys, Dr. Dre, Ludacris and all of them they are all terrible and terribly expensive. Dr. Dre headphones are by far the worst though. They cost like 300$ for cheap red plastic. 40$ JVC headphones are better than Dr. Dre headphones. People think they're good because there's a rappers name on it and they have nice colors.
SadLittlePony
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by SadLittlePony »

Yeah my personal best headphones I ever owned was a pair of Phillips Ear buds. I mean aside from the Astro Gaming Headset I own. God those sound gorgeous and Guarenteed for life 300 bucks a pop.