Heightened hearing?

Request new doses
Trombean
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Heightened hearing?

Post by Trombean »

I'm a music education major. I volunteer at a high school where listen to a group of people playing music and tell them what they're doing wrong. A lot of the time, I have a hard time hearing problems in the lower pitched instruments.

Also, I have an aural skills class where I'm usually asked to listen to something being played on a piano and write sheet music for what is played. I'm also asked to hear intervals (distance between two notes) and chord qualities (major, minor, etc) and I usually have a really hard time.

Do you think it's possible to have a dose that would cause a person's pitch perception to increase? Like perfect pitch for example. Some people can listen to any note being played out of no where and tell you what note it is and whether it's flat or sharp.

I think this would be a huge help to any musician with their practice, or in some cases, their class work.
Swikity
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Swikity »

darklight1 wrote:If you cannot hear it now what makes you think you can hear the beats? :roll:
Way to not even read his post :roll:

Try practicing with Brain+ and see if that helps at all.
Trombean
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Trombean »

darklight1 wrote:
Swikity wrote:
darklight1 wrote:If you cannot hear it now what makes you think you can hear the beats? :roll:
Way to not even read his post :roll:

Try practicing with Brain+ and see if that helps at all.
I'm a music education major. I volunteer at a high school where listen to a group of people playing music and tell them what they're doing wrong. A lot of the time, I have a hard time hearing problems in the lower pitched instruments.
No, no, I don't have hearing problems, I have a hard time hearing PROBLEMS.

And thanks, I'll try brain+ and see if it works.
lafferin
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by lafferin »

A friend of mine tried peyote and got a heightened sense of smell... this happened around 30% later on the effect disappeared...
Hidalgo
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by Hidalgo »

Alpha is said to give you more insight into problem solving issues and raise your perception of facts .. it works! Give it a Go! :-D
Swikity
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Post by Swikity »

And BTW, I'd try this alone first, as to not get all drugged up before teaching.