My Salvia and Kratom first time experiment

Discuss visionary plants
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

one day, when i was... sick.... i got interested in salvia and kratom again and started on a search to buy them online

because this was my first time doing both (and buying online for that matter), i decided to buy a pre-rolled joint of each.

they came three weeks later

i told my friends about it, and for a week, all we talked about was salvia and kratom facts.

yesterday (friday), me and seven other friends decided to do salvia. i drank a few beers over lunch, but some of my friends had done that and weed (i decided not to do it too cause i would have something important later)
there was so much people that i only got a hit off my salvia joint, and it was gone in a flash.
the only effect i got was a light headed one, but one of my friends, who had done weed too, said they saw pictures freeze in front of them and be swallowed in a vortex. another one said that everytime he closed his eyes, he saw childhood memories.

today me and two other friends tried kratom. i got several hits, but nothing happened, not even a lightheaded effect.

i was rather pissed, but i'm still wanting to buy salvia again and do a joint with only one friend, or on my own.
and with kratom, i'll try to find why nothing happened (a friend had said that burning kratom destroys some of its physco actives, but we went along and smoked it anyways)

i'm eager to find out what happened... anybody got a clue?
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

Well there's your problem, smoking salvia in a joint is like smoking oregano in anything. The joint burns way to cool to vaporize all the salvinorin A, a bowl or bong is best (use a bong so you can take big hits and hold them in long). And also, was it extract or just leaf? If it was leaf then don't expect to trip at all, unless you take a lot of bowl/bong rips.

It sounds like you ordered from purple sticky salvia (the online salvia/kratom vendor), well I'll let you know they are one of the most hated vendors among the "entheogenic" communities of the web, mainly because of their cheap marketing tactics (salvia shouldn't be purple or sticky, in any form, they just want to attract stoners) and EXTREMELY overpriced products. And they're also trying to sell kratom in the same boat as salvia, which is like comparing apples to oranges, it's bullshit, they're a huge reason why mass. isn't only proposing a salvia ban, but now also a kratom ban (because a police dep't in mass ordered from them and got kratom too, making them think they are similar). Well, that's the end of my rant, sorry, they're just very "shady" with their marketing is all.
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

i don't mean to be rude ro anything but,
actually i ordered from everyonedoesit.com
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

but wait, you burn stuff in bongs, too... how does that change it?
kr3wskater
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Post by kr3wskater »

Haha, no problem at all, your post reminded me of PSS and I just felt the need to vent, and hey, the reply box was already open so what the hell :D No hard feelings, and EDIT is awesome.

But the difference is, in bongs the lighter flame gets sucked through the plant matter, fully burning it at the temp of that specific lighter's flame, on the other hand (don't quote me, but it's something along these lines) joints are lit usually once, unless they go out. From there on the material burns at the same temp. of the rolling paper, and the "flame" (the orange embers you see when inhaling) is much cooler than a straight-up lighter flame. All I know is bongs burn hotter than J's, and with nearly every substance it takes more plant matter in a joint or blunt than it does in a bowl or bong.

BTW I sent you an email about this too. (Before i read that you bought it from EDIT, I was still under the assumption it was from PSS).
divinorum
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by divinorum »

There are several different ways to experience Salvia (coming from a guy who grows the stuff!):

Quid
Tincture
Smoking
Mazatec Style

The quid involves chewing on a whole bunch of leaves (without swallowing more than a little bit of juice or plant) for about 20 minutes allowing the juices to absorb underneath the tounge into the bloodstream.

The tincture uses the same principle as the quid method, but is a concentrated dose of salvia that is diluted into alcohal (which absorbs much easier into the bloodstream).

Smoking is straightfoward and should be done with a pipe or bong (this really is a choice per user).

The Mazatec style was to make a tea out of a huge amount of leaves (more than quid method) and to drink it.

These each have their pros and cons, some last longer than others, and overall you should get a good experience from each. If you have any quesitons on salvia at all feel free to ask. (Such as how long does each method produce, how do i procure salvia, how do i make a etc....)

Kratom is an herb best served in a tea.
RobDose
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Post by RobDose »

i'm just wanting to know if where i bought them from

and does mixing them with other drugs make the effects better?
(thats a pretty retarded question, one should never mix drugs, but a few of my friends got some salvia effects after they had done alcohol and weed)
subway
Level 4 (50-199)
Level 4 (50-199)

Post by subway »

Alright my friends and i did 60x like a week ago. Yeah it was amazing. You need a torch lighter if your gunna burn it in a bowl. Ill post my trip in a thread.
cbmustang
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Re: My Salvia and Kratom first time experiment

Post by cbmustang »

I have recently bought some purple sticky from a smoke shop in town but the descriptions that i have read r different than what i actually have. Mine is in a a rock form and is a reddish brown in color. it also has a mild sent of coffee but does not taste like coffee. Did i get ripped off?
Ronaldjesk
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Post by Ronaldjesk »

I know a while ago years now there was a fake batch of kratom, substituting a different species of Mitragyna for the real stuff, so I would be wary of vendors potentially trying to sell off a "bad batch" before people catch on.